Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Updates!

Well, I have done a little work on her in the last few months.

I got tired of ugly 70's technology drums, and decided to do the drum-to-disc swap. The mounting brackets and calipers were generously donated by a wrecked '95 GS. Then I went with Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads on all four corners from PPS. :twothumb: While I was spending money, I decided, awww what the heck, do it once and do it right; so I got SS lines from RRE as well.

Here are some engine pics. (Injen CAI, OBX header, and MeGan Racing Strut bar.) I also picked up a GReddy Evo I.

I lost those crap-tacular chrome tails and put the stockers back on. (No mas arroz mis amigos :sam: ) Also picked up some clear corners.

Lookie what parked next to me at the car wash... :eek3:

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
those wheels look sweet with the new brakes on them. very sweet. car is looking better. i bet the car doesn't sound that great with obx header and that exhaust, does it?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ARACHNO said:
those wheels look sweet with the new brakes on them. very sweet. car is looking better. i bet the car doesn't sound that great with obx header and that exhaust, does it?

You know, I thought it was going to be raspy and crappy sounding when I put the Greddy on and I thought that I would just take the OBX off. But it actually sounds great. It sounds flat-out mean idling, (well, as mean as an NA 4cyl can :p) and at WOT it sounds good and not overbearing or annoying at all. (as in not ricey).

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I will pretty much own this car the rest of my life :ugh: ...So, I decided once I get out of college and get a job (next May :woot:) I am going to "go big" with it. Right now I plan on focusing on the exterior. By the end of winter I should have either a Wings West or an SS kit on it (suggestions, anyone?), and hopefully projectors.

In my grand-scheme of things, Future Plans Include:

1. BOOST!!! (either I will save up and buy a Tearstone kit, or I will piece it together on my own)
2. Maybe even doing the Evo head Swap (...way in the future)
3. Maybe a Sporty to Manual transmission swap.
4. The last thing on the list will be the audio.

This is my daily driver, so I cant be without her for long periods of time. SO, What I have even been considering lately is pulling out a 2.4 from a salvage car (can be had for only around $750) and building up the internals (crank, rods, pistons) , and doing the evo head, all in my garage in my own time. Then when the day comes that it is done, drop the entire built engine into my car, with the manual tranny at the same time.

What do you guys think?

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
one thing about the auto to manual swap, keep in mind, you will have horrible traction if your boosting compared to auto. I recommend getting a high stal torque converter and a tranny cooler. good luck. and i think shine street would look best on yours.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
W1ld F1re said:
It looks nice, but it could use some sideskirts. GT sideskirts or a Wings West kit will look great. Noteworthy drum/disc swap too. :)

Thanks man. I see we have simular taste in wheels. Great minds do think alike. :buddies:

·
Anastacia HOE!!!!
4,507 Posts
Looks Really Good. I like what youve done. Looks like you need a rear camber and some Tint For sure. I Always Loved that Color green.

·
N my Flippy Floppies
16,710 Posts
Updates look good :yesway:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So I have started piecing together a turbo kit for the green-machine. I am going to use a 14b and try to keep it as simple as possible. I am only looking to make about 220whp or so; just something to make it more fun to drive.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
I think a shinestreet kit would look badass on your car. I think it would look good on the green and I like the shinestreet on the 00-02!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
cleangs said:
hey looks clean did u fell a difference in those header
Thanks. My "butt-dyno" felt that it made a difference in the low-end torque. I do know it made a difference in my gas mileage; in a bad way :lol:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
LUNAR said:
I think a shinestreet kit would look badass on your car. I think it would look good on the green and I like the shinestreet on the 00-02!:bigthumb:

Yeah, the Shine Street 4 piece kit is what I ended up going with, and I couldnt be happier. (Pics soon to come ;) )

21 - 40 of 169 Posts