Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a megan ss and was wondering if I could do something to get rid of that section where there is like 1" of rod showing. Any ideas? My friend mentioned a spring? Anyone do that? Thanks in advance. btw here is a pic...

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
The ball knob that comes with that shifter is poorly designed and thats just how it is from Megan.

Although, I do manufacturer a custom screw on billet knob that will screw on tight to the short shifter bar, leave no bar showing, and give you the ultimate feel when shifting the car.

I have it listed on www.sc-customs.com under 00-05 Eclipse parts. :)

I have 2 left in stock currently.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HIJACKER. Ill have to think about that, looks pretty nice. Money is tight right now tho.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
hey hijacker about that billet shift knob you sell, does it have the shift pattern on the top? just wondering, it doesn't really matter to me.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
hey hijacker about that billet shift knob you sell, does it have the shift pattern on the top? just wondering, it doesn't really matter to me.
Nope.. its completely smooth. Typically, the ones with patterns tend to collect dirt (and as nasty as it sounds, dead skin cells) and look pretty nasty. Cleaning ones with grooves is also a pain so I decided against any pattern for that reason.

:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
i had that problem when i bought a crappy knob from advanceauto. i did kinda of a ghetto fix. lol. i ordered a megan ss on the 27th and the dang thing still isnt here. but if it's like the stock rod, it will have a ring that holds up the shift boot. i just put on a zip tie, pushed it down, put on another, pushed down...did that till the boot would sit flush with the knob. lol. simple but when the knob is on you can't tell at all.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had that problem when i bought a crappy knob from advanceauto. i did kinda of a ghetto fix. lol. i ordered a megan ss on the 27th and the dang thing still isnt here. but if it's like the stock rod, it will have a ring that holds up the shift boot. i just put on a zip tie, pushed it down, put on another, pushed down...did that till the boot would sit flush with the knob. lol. simple but when the knob is on you can't tell at all.
Thats a good idea in theory but if you notice when you shift into 2nd, the boot gets pulled down to the ring on the shifter itself. After you do the zip tie method you will probably not be able to shift into 2nd because the boot is blocked from sliding down the shifter b/c of the zip ties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts