Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. So in recent months I've been shopping around for a weekend convertible my wife and I could enjoy. Had been looking at Miatas, mustangs, even sky's, solstice's, mr-2's and s2000's, when this post for an 01 Spyder hit my FB feed. Seemed too good to be true but so far it's still good! Got this for $3000. 94K miles. The interior needs restoration but exterior is in surprisingly good shape. All accessories work. No codes. Drives smooth. Right now the only thing that doesn't work is the AC.

I used to be in the tuner scene back in the early 2000's. I had the European version of a Cougar, which is the Ford ST2000. It was originally imported into Florida but I picked it up in the Midwest. Ended up getting some nice sponsorships and a show contract and had myself featured couple times in magazines like Super Street. Here's my very old Cougar forum profile. This was 15 years ago!

This eclipse brought back some nostalgia I didn't realize I was missing. I'll restore the interior. Drop a nice stereo in it. Eventually put some Eibachs and new struts in it, don't know yet how crazy I'll get with it. I think my family will enjoy it very much. Just wanted to say Hey if anyone is still active. Right now I'm hoping to find a top boot cover so I'll head over to the marketplace forum!

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Low and Slow.
1,860 Posts
Welcome. Its pretty slow around here these days. Your best bet for a new top is to get one custom done at an upholstery shop. As far as stereo, I would take advantage of that double din and install a touchscreen with back up camera.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
50 Posts
Good choice. I have kept mine over the years. I had it in storage until last month. We use ours for weekends and trips to our mountain cabin. I fine it a better choice than some of the other cars you mention. It has a bit more room, and more power if you have the V-6. Enjoy ! ...J.D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had mine in storage as well -- well, if you call a closet inside of the house storage. I haven't checked it out, I hope the elastic hasn't stretched out too much -- I've not used it in years to cover up where the roof goes into the back of the car.
If you're referring to your top boot and are willing to part with it PM me. Let me know what you think!

·
Premium Member
2003 GTS Spyder
18 Posts
Plenty of action still here. I just picked this up over the summer and having a blast playing with it! Also, check out Facebook for a bunch of active 3G user groups.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually just got one from another owner. Fantastic deal! He wished to remain anonymous but he had never used it. Literally been collecting dust. Perfect!

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
50 Posts
I like to put the top down in the spring and put the boot on. I need to get a new car cover before spring this year so I can keep mine covered, in the garage all summer. It is just a toy anymore. I have 2 other vehicles I can use if it is not good conditions to drive with the top down. ...J.D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts