Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my driver side mount and i got all the bolts off but i can't slip the mount off because of the two pieces that the bolts were screwed onto.. any ideas how to take this mount off??

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
I am trying to replace my driver side mount and i got all the bolts off but i can't slip the mount off because of the two pieces that the bolts were screwed onto.. any ideas how to take this mount off??
Not sure if they are similar to the GT but I do know that the car has to be on jack stands, jack under the motor & gradually raise that end up to disconnect the mount!
Be careful, hope this helps?

·
Stock N Slow...
163 Posts
are you talking about the trans mount? (under the battery tray) Or the side engine mount? (by the accy belts)

If its the side engine mount, stilwrks pretty much nailed it. If its the trans, jack up the trans just enough to take pressure off the through bolt and remove it, then let it down until the trans clears enough so you can pull it off the studs its on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its under the battery tray... i followed the steps of lifting the car up putting it on the stand, than i padded the jack and lifted tranny so it won't get dented, i actually got two of the studs out but the other two the bolts came out easily..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts