Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 259 Posts

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh yeah, and for anyone who thinks a 6g72 valve train and injectors make a lot of noise. You should hear this thing. Whole lot of ticking going on on there somewhere.

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
Oh yeah, and for anyone who thinks a 6g72 valve train and injectors make a lot of noise. You should hear this thing. Whole lot of ticking going on on there somewhere.
Sounds about like the 4B11 in the X. Nice and noisy injectors.

·
N my Flippy Floppies
16,710 Posts
Very cool that you got it somewhat running. Hopefully you get the bugs worked out :yesway:

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well it running now:lol:, turns out there was just air in the fuel rail. The video is in the 3.8 swap thread. Its not the best thanks to my cell phone but its proof.

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Great job! Cant wait to hear more info. Let us know when you take it for a spin or have you?

Now lets see some dyno runs, to see how it runs without the Mivec for now.
I drove it last night for like an hour and i plan on taking it to school today, after all its my DD. Dyno is a bit far off yet until i get some more money ill shoot for sometime in augest. :lol: and i can use the mivec whenever i want to i just have to activate it manually.

·
Ice Ice Baby
507 Posts
I drove it last night for like an hour and i plan on taking it to school today, after all its my DD. Dyno is a bit far off yet until i get some more money ill shoot for sometime in augest. :lol: and i can use the mivec whenever i want to i just have to activate it manually.
run smooth?

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
run smooth?
It idles smoother than the 72 that was in the car. Its not missing or anything. Hell its practically a new engine.

·
Weak Sauce
575 Posts
When you say you activate it manually does that you can turn it on throughout the entire rpm range or only after a set rpm?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
:yesway: Man, that's awesome! Congrats and enjoy! Now I know where to come when my engine dies :lol:

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
When you say you activate it manually does that you can turn it on throughout the entire rpm range or only after a set rpm?
It will engage whenever i press the ricer button on the shifter. When i drive round town i rarely get to 4000 rpm point where the stock crossover would be anyway so its not like ill use it that much.

·
Super Asian Invasion
4,826 Posts
How does your button work? I guess I don't understand how it can engage the mivec. Is it hooked to your e-manage or something?

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
How does your button work? I guess I don't understand how it can engage the mivec. Is it hooked to your e-manage or something?
The mivec system is basically turned on and off by 2 solenoids one in each head. When the solenoid is engaged it allows oil pressure to flow into the mechanism that engages the high lift rockers. At least that's the way i understood it works. When it engages there is an audible difference in the exhaust tone.

21 - 40 of 259 Posts