Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
21 - 40 of 259 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Oh yeah, and for anyone who thinks a 6g72 valve train and injectors make a lot of noise. You should hear this thing. Whole lot of ticking going on on there somewhere.

Very cool that you got it somewhat running. Hopefully you get the bugs worked out :yesway:

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Well it running now:lol:, turns out there was just air in the fuel rail. The video is in the 3.8 swap thread. Its not the best thanks to my cell phone but its proof.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Great job! Cant wait to hear more info. Let us know when you take it for a spin or have you?

Now lets see some dyno runs, to see how it runs without the Mivec for now.
I drove it last night for like an hour and i plan on taking it to school today, after all its my DD. Dyno is a bit far off yet until i get some more money ill shoot for sometime in augest. :lol: and i can use the mivec whenever i want to i just have to activate it manually.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
run smooth?
It idles smoother than the 72 that was in the car. Its not missing or anything. Hell its practically a new engine.

I drove it last night for like an hour and i plan on taking it to school today, after all its my DD. Dyno is a bit far off yet until i get some more money ill shoot for sometime in augest. :lol: and i can use the mivec whenever i want to i just have to activate it manually.
When you say you activate it manually does that you can turn it on throughout the entire rpm range or only after a set rpm?

:yesway: Man, that's awesome! Congrats and enjoy! Now I know where to come when my engine dies :lol:

Discussion starter · #37 ·
When you say you activate it manually does that you can turn it on throughout the entire rpm range or only after a set rpm?
It will engage whenever i press the ricer button on the shifter. When i drive round town i rarely get to 4000 rpm point where the stock crossover would be anyway so its not like ill use it that much.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
How does your button work? I guess I don't understand how it can engage the mivec. Is it hooked to your e-manage or something?
The mivec system is basically turned on and off by 2 solenoids one in each head. When the solenoid is engaged it allows oil pressure to flow into the mechanism that engages the high lift rockers. At least that's the way i understood it works. When it engages there is an audible difference in the exhaust tone.

21 - 40 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.