Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 60 of 259 Posts

·
Samburger Hamburger
259 Posts
The mivec system is basically turned on and off by 2 solenoids one in each head. When the solenoid is engaged it allows oil pressure to flow into the mechanism that engages the high lift rockers. At least that's the way i understood it works. When it engages there is an audible difference in the exhaust tone.
i've actually seen something like this. i was in a civic del sol vtec, and the owner had a ricer button to manually control the vtec. there really was a considerable difference in exhaust tone for sure.

anyway, great job on the swap! please keep us updated

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Strong work on the swap! How much did the final tally run if you don't mind my asking?
~$2400 ish For engine, parts, fluids ect. If I could weld i would have saved like $250 of that. Thats also with $1800 on the engine alone. There is still the Greddy MSS that's gonna be like another $200 or so.

Still more bang for your buck than turbo 72

·
02 3.5l GT-T RIP
667 Posts
You know what, Im very impressed with the work youve done. Especially when someone swore up and down this wouldnt even start with the stock ECU and you pulled it off.

·
Strat190
361 Posts
Awesome job man!

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
1st a successful 75 swap. Then turbo it!? You should publish your dyno sheet.
Turbo is on the agenda for next year. Im not made of money. And i will show the dyno results when i put the car on one.

·
31,366 Posts
I'm sure the guys at Normal would love to see that. :lol: To bad there was no one around this year and you didn't make it.

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Its on my list of meets to go to next year if it is held. Now that the car is actually worth showing people.

·
31,366 Posts
Now correct me if I am wrong, but you have a Greedy system running the motor, why not a Haltech?

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Now correct me if I am wrong, but you have a Greedy system running the motor, why not a Haltech?
haha no i am using the stock 3g computer for the engine, that is why the swap is so different from everyone elses. And the haltech is on the list when i go to a standalone system.

·
MIVEC?
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I bought a new toy today.

Looks like i might be going the s/c rout instead of turbo.

41 - 60 of 259 Posts