Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had to share the build:

silvertune bought some spare sonar parts from a couple members a little while back, and tasked me to combine them into a set of working headlights... while i add some sexiness to them.

the high beam halo (which aside from Cincity, i don't think anyone else has ever done) took some major research to figure out (they are D shaped), and the shipping for them took forever! good news is they came in this morning, and i had to slap them in for a test fit.

i gotta say that is a NICE fit. those pics are before i did any real modding. i had to make holes to hide wires, and remove some silly tabs on the lights (for a nice clean flush look). and they are setting in there real nice now (epoxy is setting, so they are taped on, and any pics would look silly.)

also, here is another taste of the mods he is getting:

2010-11-29_13-06-05_117.mp4 video by SCARRmrcc - Photobucket

eat your heart out Cincity, you gots competition. this build should be done this weekend. (now that all the parts are finally in.)

·
Registered
886 Posts
those look great scarr, I cant wait to see the finished product. I just might have to contact you and get something done, I bought new HID's for headlights and I think its time to upgrade them some more with dual CCFL's to match my fog lights

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those look great scarr, I cant wait to see the finished product. I just might have to contact you and get something done, I bought new HID's for headlights and I think its time to upgrade them some more with dual CCFL's to match my fog lights
well, i now have done sonars, depos and the V1 dual halos. it is all pretty much the same... some cost more for different parts, and some involve more work... but they are all pretty much the same. i am hoping someone wants the UBER build i plan to do some day (but the cost will be REALLY high, just for parts, much less the labor.)

·
Registered
886 Posts
well, i now have done sonars, depos and the V1 dual halos. it is all pretty much the same... some cost more for different parts, and some involve more work... but they are all pretty much the same. i am hoping someone wants the UBER build i plan to do some day (but the cost will be REALLY high, just for parts, much less the labor.)

hmmm care to share? I could be interested ;) are we talking 600+ ?

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm care to share? I could be interested ;) are we talking 600+ ?
probably. i am talking wireless remote control of demon eye colors, projectors for the low AND high beam, (and i think i have figured out how to make the the halos have CCFL white, and LED based colors too.) perhaps even some integrated turns.

essentially they would be worth so much, it would seem silly to put them on 3g.

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
They look fantastic, well done scarr. Might i ask a ballpark estimate of what you're doing on these? I mean... if Silvertune didn't wind up buying those headlights, it would most likely be me in his shoes! >.<

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look fantastic, well done scarr. Might i ask a ballpark estimate of what you're doing on these? I mean... if Silvertune didn't wind up buying those headlights, it would most likely be me in his shoes! >.<
well, thanks to the low price he got the parts for, it is actually only slightly above the price of just buying CCFL sonars. we also did some bartering (i am getting some goods in leu of some of the payment.) i charge exact;y what i pay for parts (no markup) and then some labor. (i cost a fair amount less than Cincity).

nice. how long does it take for the whole project ?
the longest time is waiting for parts to get in. i can do the mods in about a weekend. (curing time for epoxies is the longest time.. fab is pretty quick.)

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scarr is a beast. how much we talkin bout?
it would be different every time, depending on what is wanted, and what might be offered for barter too.

·
Shut up.
3,700 Posts
Its good to know my old head lights are getting put to good use instead of being stored away in my closet. I really had no use for them.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Pulled my fogs tonight (replacing the clutch so I had an easy time of it) and ripped out a huge amount of unnecessary wiring so it looks nice and clean. Will be making a custom setup for the fogs which will be halogen upgrades to match these bad boys. Like I'm getting into the show and shine side of things. :lol:

Steve we'll keep in touch via PM.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Scarr that is awsome! I'm glad to see that silvertune is starting to do some show&shine stuff. Can't wait to see what they look like when finished

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
hey where did you get the d shaped ccfl
have you ever noticed that i can find ANYTHING? i always have answers, i always know about things? my google-fu is strong. i measured, remeasured, and then contacted MANY suppliers of CCFL's until i found one that would work with me, to get me what i needed, at a reasonable price.

it now gives me an edge. by me having a supplier to be able to do this mod, more people will purchase custom made lights from me. you guys can get true custom parts, plug and play, at a reasonable price, and i can make few extra bucks doing what i love. i make about 80 bucks on a dual CCFL halo, hid, demon eye mod, and since it takes about 4 hours of true work (i do not count curing time, and such, as real work time) that works out to 20 bucks an hour. i see that as fair to me and you guys.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Wow scarr thats awesome.. And thats a good price I might be talking to you about making some headlights in the future. First have to take care of my bumper :/

1 - 20 of 71 Posts