Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright guys I'm pretty sure I solved the main problem here as it was incredibly simple, and yes I did search for all the terms I thought would be relevant. I've been getting a lot of condensation on inside of all windows lately, (Just put my car back on the road last week after 2 months in the driveway) and upon inspecting the rubber seals around the windows I noticed that the edge of the one connecting my passenger side window to the B pillar had a lip sticking out. Sorry I don't have pics but upon stuffing the lip back beneath the metal of the B pillar the condensation stops. Problem is the stripping keeps popping out everytime the passenger door is opened and closed again so I'm wondering if anybody knows a good safe way to reattach that lip beneath the metal on the B pillar. Should I just break out the super glue? I have a bad feeling about doing that so I figured there has to be some specialized glue or sealant or something designed for this sort of job. Thanx in advance.

~ Hellfyre

·
Registered
223 Posts
Be careful on what you use, some glues can melt through plastic and rubber. I'd start with little strips of double sided tape. If that doesn't work, maybe rubber glue or one of the sticky poxies that doesn't use a chemical reaction to bind plastic (super glue, model glue will rip holes in it).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts