Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13 inch Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight I was doing another hopeless search for some black tyc taillights for sale and found a website: Mitsubishi Eclipse 00-02 Black Euro Taillight (TYC) at Commando Car Alarms.com

To me it seems to good to be true, especially for $109 dollars.... I hope its not a scam, because i bought a set:blush2:

It went through legit paypal, and had the commando car alarm as an actual merchant, so worse case scenario I dispute it :fawk:

What do you guys think? the website was kinda shaky at first, but If i get me some tyc's, its all good.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
$109 isn't too good to be true, actually that's about right. It's only on this forum where the price for them is raised to the point of absurdness.

·
Kimosabe
1,006 Posts
Yea, your probably right. It just seems weird that it would let you go all the way through checkout to PayPal with it. Well, I'll let you guys know what happens I guess... :(
I tried the same thing. They gave me a phone call and said the black ones were discontinued but that they still had a set of carbon fiber tycs.

·
13 inch Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

I just got off the phone with one of their reps, and I guess PayPal put a 24 hour hold on the funds which is cleared and good now. The guy told me I would be getting them in about 3-4 days, and he said they were indeed the 00-02 eclipse black tyc tails. I'm pretty sure they are in fact selling them at this point. :ndance:

·
Registered
3 Posts
which gen

I was planning on ordering from this same site.

Which Gen are the lights Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Because the picture posted on the site is of 2nd Gen with the lines.

is the part number 81-5273-41 for the first gen or second gen?

·
13 inch Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
***Latest update (truthfully)

Don't waste your time trying to buy these. The idiots sent me some black sonars without contacting me at all. When I emailed them back I received the reply:

"Mr (My last name is confidential :p), the lights you originally ordered are no longer available the ones we sent were the closest we could find if you would like to keep them we would give you the difference in cost of 45.00 dollars please let me know what you want to do thank you sir"

It's funny because I bet if I didn't say anything, it would be full price still (109 + 20 shipping= 129 total). I wonder if there are any legal consequences for like false advertising or something? I should demand a full refund and not send them back lol..

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
:shock: I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

·
Kimosabe
1,006 Posts
I knew they weren't in stock...I had called them last year about this product. I just can't believe they lied to you and sent you an item that they knew wasn't the correct one. That bait and switch probably works most of the time. They need to be reported for doing that because I'm sure that isn't that first time it has happened.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts