Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm no experienced mechanic. So please bear with me. I have a 2000 eclipse v6 with a spectre cold air intake connected to it. I noticed a small hose connected to the large air hose. It goes into the engine from the large air hose. I also noticed that it has a crack or tear in it. I'm also having engine hesitation and sputtering when accelerating at slow speeds from 0 to about 35 mph. Could that tear be causing the issue. Also I just had new plugs,wires,distributing cap and rotor replaced yesterday. I had massive troubles before that was replaced it is running better since those were replaced. But still having an issue. Can anyone help thanks

·
Registered
2003 Eclipse GTS
174 Posts
I would replace it, a small hose like that should be cheap. Since it's after the MAF, unregistered air could cause weird hesitating at basically anything other than WOT. I have one on my AEM intake too.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would replace it, a small hose like that should be cheap. Since it's after the MAF, unregistered air could cause weird hesitating at basically anything other than WOT. I have one on my AEM intake too.

I'll replace it do you have any idea what it is

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put a picture of what I'm talking about the tear in on the right side it's hidden by electrical tape that I just put on. I haven't had a chance to drive it today to see of that fixes the problem lol.

·
Registered
2003 Eclipse GTS
174 Posts
I believe it's your crankcase ventilation. I always have oil in mine because of blowback/blown piston . But you should replace it. It recirculates air from your crankcase into your intake to burn off fumes. Just replace it. I'm not 100% sure that is the specific problem but it should be cheap and that can cause the issue you're having.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts