Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I claim to take pics but of course I don't post many so... here's some proof I guess.

It snowed here last weekend and then twice again, once decently and once lightly. Took some pics the morning after the first one, wandered around town with a friend. Nothing spectacular, but just haven't put anything up in a while. *Anyone else feel free to add some more*.

I really liked this location (upstream a half mile or so from Minnehaha Falls), I felt like I was close to a great shot but couldn't quite do it. Practically no PS'ing, I tinkered a bit but didn't get anywhere. Tried a B&W conversion and didn't like it as much. Sticking with the original.

This was up in the park itself (the Falls). Kinda artsy, sometimes they work and sometimes not. In retrospect I wish I'd angled it a little more, I intended this one from right to left but now wish I'd gone for a corner to corner. Ended up cropping it at a slight angle and liked it. It's actually a composite of three separate pics at slightly different focal points, to get all 3 sections in focus in one shot. I also ended up liking that better than just getting the first, middle or end ones in and the rest slightly out.

Downstream of the falls a bit here. I'm good with the pic overall but I really love how monochrome things get on a cloudy, snowy day. It's not B&W but it's close to it, and I love the effect.

Just one mroe that was taken downtown St. paul inside the state capitol. Nothing to do with snow but since I was already putting a few up... (the wavy lines in some of the glass pieces really are in the glass pieces themselves)

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
it only snowed a little bit here but I got a couple.

these first two were in western PA.

this one I converted to B&W (althought you can hardly tell) and increased the contrast.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Trace - I really like the first two shots. In fact, I think the first one could have been entered in the B&W contest. I was hoping someone would take a more obscure angle on 'black and white'. That shot is so monochrome that it works. Snow really does change just desaturate everything.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The one of the red bud type things is cool. Looks great for a desktop background, I would like to set it mine actually. Got higher res pics?

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one of the red bud type things is cool. Looks great for a desktop background, I would like to set it mine actually. Got higher res pics?
Sure: http://www.sallee.org/greg/other/_MG_2791 big.jpg

youcan have mine. I miss not having to see the snow, and it's only been a week. :mad:
No doubt. I like it if it's once or twice a month. But shovelling several inches 4 times in one week gets real old real fast. not to mention how long the drive home ends up being, everyone moves half speed and so few cars make it through each light.

Trace - I really like the first two shots. In fact, I think the first one could have been entered in the B&W contest. I was hoping someone would take a more obscure angle on 'black and white'. That shot is so monochrome that it works. Snow really does change just desaturate everything.
I've always loved the effect myself, guess I mentioned that. I'd submit stuff to the contests but I just never have the right thing at the right time. I take a lot of pics, I just don't go looking for soemthing that's the contest that week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts