Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

What Car Should I Get?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm currently in the process of buying a a new car and I was wondering if you could help me?

I'm currently split between the Honda Civic SI Sedan and the Honda Accord Coupe .... ... ... and the Honda Accord Sedan. All '08 models.

My current guidelines are a I4 engine and a sedan. (However, the Accord coupe is just so much better looking than the other two models I mentioned - I think anyway - that I am considering getting it anyway.) It's just to drive from point A to point B without issues. I don't want to have to worry about it. I need it to be dependable and gas efficient. I'm a college student and am planning on moving out soon, so please do pick something that is reliable.

My spending amount is up to $25,000. The reason why I'm mentioning the latter is because if you guys think I should look at something else, let me know. The car in fourth place to me right now is the Mazda 6.

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. It's really hard trying to find a car I'm going to be stuck with for like 5+ years. Lol.

At least I know with the Civic that when my warranty runs out there's tons of aftermarket support. Plus for about 21 - 22k I can get one pretty much fully decked out.

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
SI:
2886 lbs, 197 hp, 21mpg/29mpg highway

that sounds good to me

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Wait for the 09 Railliart ;). If you can't wait that long the base Lancer starts at $14,900 and the GTS is decked out with navigation, sound, etc. for around $19K.

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait for the 09 Railliart ;). If you can't wait that long the base Lancer starts at $14,900 and the GTS is decked out with navigation, sound, etc. for around $19K.
Well, it's going to be sometime this or next month. :bigthumb:

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
That is still an ugly fucking car. Out of all his choices listed and ones that were presented so far, that is the ugliest, boxiest piece of crap mentioned. I have no clue why Mitsu can't fathom making something that actually looks nice for a change.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
It's just to drive from point A to point B without issues. I don't want to have to worry about it. I need it to be dependable and gas efficient. I'm a college student and am planning on moving out soon, so please do pick something that is reliable.
I'd pick the SI, unless you need the room, which in that case, the Accord or Altima.

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd pick the SI, unless you need the room, which in that case, the Accord or Altima.
Thanks for bringing that up.

While I don't nessicary need the room I would prefer it only because all of my friends are really tall lol. 6 feet +

But the SI seems right up my ally. It has everything I'm looking for except the drastic stylings of the Accord coupe that I really like and the room of the sedan.

IDK. that SI is looking amazing right now, Sam - do you not like them at all?

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
IDK. that SI is looking amazing right now, Sam - do you not like them at all?
I really like the new Si, I just hate the dipshits who ruin the car. Honda has really put together a great platform, but the retarded "Civic Nation" screws it all up.

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like the new Si, I just hate the dipshits who ruin the car. Honda has really put together a great platform, but the retarded "Civic Nation" screws it all up.
I see. I'm glad you're not hating on it just because it has the "H" logo on it. :twothumb:

If I get one, I have no intentions on modding it at all. Just a daily driver. I drive like a grandma and need the reliability anyway. So, in any case, do you think I'd be well off with one?

Like I mentioned - it seems to have a great fanbase and aftermarket support. I just wish it wasn't FWD. That's what killed the 3G IMHO.

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
Altima coupe or sedan.
I had no idea they were getting mileage in the mid 30s on the highway. Hm. Not that I want another car payment, but this fucking Honda I bought still isn't getting better than 25mpg and it's a fucking rattle-trap pile of complete fucking shit.

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had no idea they were getting mileage in the mid 30s on the highway. Hm. Not that I want another car payment, but this fucking Honda I bought still isn't getting better than 25mpg and it's a fucking rattle-trap pile of complete fucking shit.
They looks like a good option. Plus they run on 87. :bigthumb:

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know what you guys are saying, but those couple of bucks add up at the end of the year.

After driving my parent's '07 accord and going back to my 3G ... IDK. I just think it's a waste.

Besides, the SI is supposed to get like 21 city 27 highway. On my eclipse I get about that. And I consider my 3G to get shitty gas mileage, especially when you factor in the fact that you're paying on average 20 cents more a gallon with a bigger tank.

Get where I'm coming from? You guys have been through it too. I'm moving out soon so I need to penny pinch as much as possible. But, before anyone says to not buy a car - at this point in time my 3G is pretty much snowballing with problems and I don't want to be stranded without a car since I commute to work and school.

Since we have such a diverse group here, I was turning to you guys to suggest a car. So far, I appreciate all of the advice. Keep it up! Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts