Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RIPPed
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work this morning, and I was boosting in 2nd gear. At the top of second, I heard a loud "POOWWW...tssssssssssssssssssss" and my car shut off. I rolled up to a red light and tried to crank the car, it started for a second and died again. The light turned green, and I tried to start it again. I was able the get the car moving enough to get out of the intersection, but it was driving like ASS, no power and lumpy as shit.

I got out of the car and popped the hood and I saw......

that one of the couplers had blown loose...the one that connects to the throttle body! I was like "PHEW!!" Oh well, just wanted to share my little scare with you guys.

G

·
Thats a pretty common problem I blew my pipe off coming from the intercooler on my car and broke the clamp when I was at the dyno. I was pushing 11 psi though :devil:

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
TrevMill said:
that one of the couplers had blown loose...the one that connects to the throttle body! I was like "PHEW!!" Oh well, just wanted to share my little scare with you guys.
Use a socket wrench to tighten down your hose clamps, you can't get the extra *umpf* you need out of a flathead to do that. Ask Rulez, he's the "Blow off" king :lol:

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
i use t-bolt clamps (they are 2dollars each locally) + beaded pipe ends and have new blown one yet! phew :D

·
bOOsted
108 Posts
Yea mine would blow every so often also, last time i blew one i tightened the bitch back up drove the car and realized that i blew more then the coupler i had also blown my differential.....haha

·
Anastacia HOE!!!!
4,507 Posts
TrevMill......... I love to see your SDS stories. Everyweek it seems like its something new.HAHA!.......... If i go SDS maybe i can get you to install it for me for a small Fee? :p :fever: ;) Or better yet another Subway sandwich?LOL :fawk:

·
54,471 Posts
04MOJOGT said:
Or better yet another Subway sandwich?LOL :fawk:
i did a ripp header/greddy evo in my driveway on 4 jackstands for 6 hours for a popeyes 5 peice :twothumb:

when i saw that huge space in the first post i sat for about 5 mintues waiting for the picture to load. :ugh:

·
Anastacia HOE!!!!
4,507 Posts
Bitter said:
i did a ripp header/greddy evo in my driveway on 4 jackstands for 6 hours for a popeyes 5 peice :twothumb:

when i saw that huge space in the first post i sat for about 5 mintues waiting for the picture to load. :ugh:

LOL! Me too.Hahaa

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
Bitter said:

lmao, you and me both. I cannot wait to get my SDS this year. :fever:

·
RIPPed
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bitter said:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts