Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched but couldnt really find an answer to my question. Well as of right now im short on funds and im looking to get a GReddy Exhaust when i have the money but for right now im just thinking about getting a muffler because there cheaper and im just looking for the throaty sound untill i get more cash... so my question is what do i need to install the muffler ? is it like bolt on or do i have to weld(i got this much from search but im not sure if its the same for everything) the muffler?

Here are the options

eBay Motors: N1 MUFFLER EXHAUST MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 03 02 01 00 99 98 (item 150212424478 end time Feb-07-08 12:19:22 PST)
eBay Motors: Mitsubishi Eclipse 96 97 98 99 00 01 N1 Muffler Exhaust (item 280149210901 end time Feb-29-08 07:34:13 PST)
eBay Motors: G2 FIREBALL MUFFLER EXHAUST MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 03 02 01 (item 310019469474 end time Feb-07-08 18:43:35 PST)

So what would be the best one and what do i need to install? if this has been answered or anything feel free to close it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just take the muffler off and run a pipe to the back with a 2 1/2" tip.
what do you mean run a pipe to the back?

im new with this performance stuff and i really dont have the best idea of how the car works and runs yet. Ive been researching it though so im trying to learn as much as possible in a short amount of time... maybe when im done ill go FI

·
Registered
264 Posts
Take the muffler off and put a pipe in its place with a tip on it to look like a muffler instead of a 2" tip from the pipe size, 2 1/2" tip would look nice or a 3"

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Just go to a shop and tell them you want to do a muffler delete. They will then put straight pipe with your choice of a tip. Shouldnt cost you more then $60.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just go to a shop and tell them you want to do a muffler delete. They will then put straight pipe with your choice of a tip. Shouldnt cost you more then $60.

Hold on when you say tip, is the tip the things i have linked to ebay??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So... i should go with the straight pipe and the tip?? and i would take that to a shop to get done... or can i directly bolt on the above muffler by myself no welding?

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Just go to a mom and pop shop, just some corner exhaust shop and tell them you want the muffler removed and want straight pipe to the back. You can buy that same tip in that link at Walmart for $15 or you could see what they have in the exhaust shop. Again, it won't be more then $60 total and it should only take about 20 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts