Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
right now i don't have an opportunity to check under the car, so just trying to get any help and figure out what it could be.
Saw some leaking under my '03 eclipse on the left (driver) side. Not too much of leaking, maybe 5 cm puddle, not the oil, since it is more like a clear liquid, kinda thick, couldn't smell anything... any idea what could it be? Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys, and thanks for your replies! seems like i've found the problem and where it's leaking from... here's the photo:
IMG_20200916_151527.jpg
if someone could point me out what is this part and what i need to fix/how to fix i would be very greatful!

·
1,079 Posts
hey guys, and thanks for your replies! seems like i've found the problem and where it's leaking from... here's the photo:
View attachment 43221
if someone could point me out what is this part and what i need to fix/how to fix i would be very greatful!
Replace your control arm. That or replace that bushing with a polyurethane bushing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replace your control arm. That or replace that bushing with a polyurethane bushing.
thanks your your help buddd! parts number are MR554375 for control arm and MR554381 for bushing ??

·
Registered
468 Posts
MR554381 is correct for OE but for 1/3 the price you can get a Dorman aftermarket replacement through RockAuto. PN is 523612 (y)

·
1,079 Posts
thanks your your help buddd! parts number are MR554375 for control arm and MR554381 for bushing ??
Ah I wasn't sure if mitsubishi sold the bushing separately. Also, like Murkrow said, aftermarket might be the way to go. I never had a problem with aftermarket suspension parts on this car.

·
Here for the drama
151 Posts
Don’t forget to torque it correctly, or it’ll prematurely wear, jack up the arm level and then torque to spec.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot for your help guys! yeah, definitely will go for the aftermarket, because OE prices are pretty high here.
and thanks Arsenic for reminding about the torque!
don't see any problem in changing the part, but for correct torque will need to go to service i guess.
thanks! like always, this great forum and great people here helped me once again :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Alldata gives this info for the arm. "Lower arm to knuckle connection nut" will be the pinch bolt at the knuckle. Then I'd assume "Lower arm to crossmember connection nut" is the bolt that goes into the front subframe, "Lower arm clamp bolt" is probably the 2 bolts going through the rear bushing bracket into the subframe, and then "Lower arm to clamp connection nut" is probably the large 22mm nut on the back side of the bushing. The only things I ever torque to spec are head bolts, wheel bearings, and lug nuts. Otherwise I go by feel for everything else. This is a part that you don't need exact torque specs to install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts