Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for welcome guys. I picked up a 04 Eclipse as a daily for dirt cheap. Well, with dirt cheap comes minor issues that need to be addressed. I immediately decided to upgrade the rotors and pads on the car and I wanted to go with something a little more "performance" oriented because ...racecar. I googled and came up with SP Performance Rotors out of Simsbury, CT and saw they offered their Peak Series rotors with a zinc coating on them. I love em! They look cool and offer a lot more stopping power over the stock rotors obviously...and are 1000 more protected with the zinc coating which comes in handy here in the Northeast!

Check em out if you get a chance. Well worth the purchase!

·
Administrator
16,323 Posts
Welcome. If you want a real upgrade, I recommend you look into a set of Evo 8 Brembos. New rotors and pads will help slightly, but the truth is our calipers really aren't that great. Especially a 15 year old car that lived in the salt states. With the brembos, you'll instantly feel a difference. Just need to make sure you have some wheels that will fit them.

·
1,113 Posts
Probably not the place for it, but I'll tempt fate. If you're in New England, or even better CT, I have a set of Evo wheels that I'd be willing to part with if you decide to go with the brembos. That was my intention when I had my 3g, but never quite got there. The problem with the brembos is they need wheels with a lot of clearance. Using Evo wheels takes all of the guess work out.

These wheels are just taking up space so I'd let them go cheap especially if I didn't have to drive far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much did a set run you? What trim level are you running?
The Peaks in black Front and rear ran me around $315 and got them shipped to me for free. I found a code on their Instagram that saved me 15% off website pricing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts