Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea to cut away the spare tire well and replace it with a flat ribbed panel so I can run this muffler. I was wondering if anyone has done this or is there any specific reason why I should not do this.
Bicycle part Automotive exterior Auto part Office supplies Bracket

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is music to my ears... Thanks for the confirmation @chinchooter11 ... I was thinking the same thing but better to get a second opinion before I mess up and destroy my car. I see you have been on here a long time so I will take your word as golden... Thank you once again.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey @Sisyphus58 ...have you ever tried to get work at Yuk Yuk's or Comedy Central... I hear Jeff Foxworthy is going on tour and looking for more talent...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
587 Posts
Hey @Sisyphus58 ...have you ever tried to get work at Yuk Yuk's or Comedy Central... I hear Jeff Foxworthy is going on tour and looking for more talent...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was actually being somewhat serious....so why not Photoshop some pipes below the rocker panel just for shits and giggles. I've always liked the look, especially on 60s era Corvettes.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just because you asked...Two problems...it would melt the ground effects and burn my leg getting out...Looks real stupid don't ya think.
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car Tire

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
454 Posts
I had an idea to cut away the spare tire well and replace it with a flat ribbed panel so I can run this muffler. I was wondering if anyone has done this or is there any specific reason why I should not do this.
View attachment 45191
Did you ever think that you might want to SELL this car some day ? ...J.D.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I doubt very much if I will ever sell this car. I am a senior as well and this car will go to my children when I pass. The spare tire will still fit in the trunk if needed... I just need the room to install a one-into-two muffler.
Bicycle part Automotive exterior Auto part Office supplies Bracket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts