Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TheDude
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Spec D dual halo projector headlights, installed them easily in about an hour. Did something similar to this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UEL8bTkCcM

Turn on my car, to check if everything works fine.

Here's where I'm at. Turn signals work fine, both "low" beams or fog lights in the duel halos work fine, all four halos work fine.

The problem is my high beams won't turn on.

However, the three prong "plug and play" connectors, on my car are just three wires.(looks like the previous owner did some wiring) So after playing with those (switching the order) I was able to get my high beam on, but then my low beam wouldn't turn on.

So it seems that I can only get power to one or the other, not both. Shouldn't I be able to switch between the two, or have them both on?

Can't be the bulbs, since I can get both to work, could it be a simple fuse to to one doesn't work?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't think you should be able to have both on at once, generally it's one or the other because the original lights are dual filament and they aren't both on at once. So you should be able to get one or the other with the high beam switch. If you only get one, check fuses and the switch relay

·
TheDude
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checking the fuses today, i'll post results later however.

update: now only 3 of the 4 halos works.

this has me thinking that one of the led bulbs burnt out. anyway I can test this before I replace it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
See above, also, LEDs generally don't burn out, 10,000 or more hours is the life of a bulb. If you didn't short it or something, the light is probably fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts