Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
few months back i got spec-d dual halos. been disappointed about the halos, you can’t see them as daytime running lights, and at night when the headlights are on, the halos blend in with the headlights. i was curious if anyone has or would know how to replace the halos themselves. in reality i would love to get an app controlled RGB light bulb or ring for the halos. would love to run purple with the dark paint. has anyone ever replaced a halo ring/bulb before?
i believe on the spec-d they use a light bulb and reflectors to create the halo. if there was a way to change the halo from bulb to LED ring that would be amazing

·
USN
1,079 Posts
I don't know of anyone that has replaced the halos in after-market lights. But you would need to open them up, figure out how to unmount them, remove the wiring, find a set of rings that would fit, figure out how to wire them up, then put it all back together. Not impossible, but it would be better to have a trash set of lights to be able to disassembly and play with as opposed possibly damaging your own set.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
makes sense. i found halos the same size as the ones i have. they are twin halos, one little larger than the other. only problem is the smaller one is kind of a C shape. obviously you don’t want to cut the actual halo, cause it probably wouldn’t work anymore. but my other thought was cutting into the bottom portion of the headlight, then coking it to keep moisture out. think that’s a good idea or na?

·
USN
1,079 Posts
Aesthetically, it would annoy my because there is bound to be caulk that will get into the housing that isn't smooth, or there will be a hole along with plastic shavings from gaining entrance into the housing. Figuring out how to open them is the best bet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts