Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I recently put in a Spec Stage2 clutch and now the throwout bearing is making all sorts of noise. I am going to replace it but need to know if using a genuine Mitsubishi part will work or will I have to order a TB from Spec.

Thanks for your time and help...

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
uh-oh, hope it was just one defective piece, i just bought a spec clutch and i was going to install it in a short while, please keep us informed

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
well i got my clutch extremely cheap (even cheaper than what your thinking, nib), and i would need one for my 74, btw it's only going in for no more than a year because it will get pulled again for a full rebuild.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Please dont buy spec just as stated above all i heard as well were bad things i would return it if possible. You may not get a year out of it but good luck.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
for the price i paid, it's a throw-away, i'm not concerned, i just need a temp. I've actually heard good things about spec, but it seems to be hit/miss with them.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
for the price i paid, it's a throw-away, i'm not concerned, i just need a temp. I've actually heard good things about spec, but it seems to be hit/miss with them.
If i can find a post from some one who had one dyno'd the spec clutch literaly blew up on the dyno machine.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
My stage 3 Spec is holding up great but I dont abuse it. What does your noise sound like? A rattle or a screech? If its a screech it is not related to the TOB, its related to a flywheel spacer. If its a rattle I'd think TOB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My stage 3 Spec is holding up great but I dont abuse it. What does your noise sound like? A rattle or a screech? If its a screech it is not related to the TOB, its related to a flywheel spacer. If its a rattle I'd think TOB.
Its more of a squeal than anything. It only does it as I am letting out the clutch and it begins to grab. On a side note, I just replaced my timing belt (3.0L) and found that my motor mounts are thrashed. Funny thing is when I did a test drive there was not a single noise to be heard, but now after 50+miles of driving the noise is back. I just ordered a engine mount set... Could the mounts be the cause of the noise if the engine is not aligned correctly?

Once again thanks for the help and the awsome forum! I would not have been able to service my timing belt without the "Garage Section":wavey:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Could the mounts be the cause of the noise if the engine is not aligned correctly?
If it is a constant noise or happens when the car is not moving then I doubt the noise is due to the engine mounts. You aren't using an aftermarket flywheel are you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts