Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from the body shop due to a front end accident. When I got it back the Speedo/Trip gauge cluster wont light up at all when you turn the headlights on. I am totally puzzled as to what the problem is. I check all relative fuses and they are fine. I even replaced them just to be certain.

Any ideas or fixes for this as i am driving in pure interior darkness at night.

I searched the forums and didn't find anything. I appologize if this has been posted before.

Thanks!

BGS

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Is the little knob to the left of the steering column turned all the way to the right (i think)? Figured it wouldn't hurt to make sure.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You checked ALL of the fuses in the engine bay as well? I've had this issue before and it turned out to be a fuse you wouldn't expect. My issue was none of my dash lights were coming on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You checked ALL of the fuses in the engine bay as well? I've had this issue before and it turned out to be a fuse you wouldn't expect. My issue was none of my dash lights were coming on.
Which fuse was it?? I will double check those engine bay fuses again.

The "Brake", "Cruise", "Check Engine" etc all come on though.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Alright bud I'm here. There are a couple of things I'm gonna need you to check. Is the entire cluster out? You said the only thing that doesn't work is the gauge cluster lighting right? You checked the dimmer switch to make sure it was connected and works properly right? Now the all important question... DOES ANYTHING ELSE NOT work in your vehicle? Does your light under the center console work? Alright, if all is good, I'm going to need to remove your cluster to get a good look behind it. To remove it, you have to first pop off the plastic console. It's held down by a couple of pop rivets. After that, remove the four screws holding your center concole down. Finally, disconnect the three connectors on your cluster. I need you to look at the circuit board on the back. Of the cluster. I had a problem a long time ago with mine... There was a small piece of it that actually burned through the IC board over time and broke the circuit. Take a good look at that and, if it's only like one piece of your cluster out, check the light bulbs. The bulbs are encase in small holders that can be removed with an easy twist couterclockwise. If you haven't fixed it yet, let me know and we'll go deeper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright bud I'm here. There are a couple of things I'm gonna need you to check. Is the entire cluster out? You said the only thing that doesn't work is the gauge cluster lighting right? You checked the dimmer switch to make sure it was connected and works properly right? Now the all important question... DOES ANYTHING ELSE NOT work in your vehicle? Does your light under the center console work? Alright, if all is good, I'm going to need to remove your cluster to get a good look behind it. To remove it, you have to first pop off the plastic console. It's held down by a couple of pop rivets. After that, remove the four screws holding your center concole down. Finally, disconnect the three connectors on your cluster. I need you to look at the circuit board on the back. Of the cluster. I had a problem a long time ago with mine... There was a small piece of it that actually burned through the IC board over time and broke the circuit. Take a good look at that and, if it's only like one piece of your cluster out, check the light bulbs. The bulbs are encase in small holders that can be removed with an easy twist couterclockwise. If you haven't fixed it yet, let me know and we'll go deeper.
The only thing that lights up in the vehicle are the dome lights, and then on the safety system lighting.

The night time illumination function is tweaked. I checked the dimmer last night, it appears all well. I also check the back of the cluster and it appeared fine. I'll re look at it again since i did it a night under a single light.

Ill be back later tonight to tell what I have done today as well.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Wait you checked the dimmer? How could that be if your domelight is that only thing working? How about your radio? Is that functioning correctly?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/124769-dash-lights-out-after-tinkering-w-radio.html

That was my issue. I think it was my daytime running lights fuse or whatever they are called (turn signals). Just check all of the 10-15 amp fuses just to be sure.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was from the blown fuses! I looked at my parking lights and the body shoped ripped the wiring out of the lighting so it made contact with the car and popped both fuses. Everything is working fine now since I replaced them.

Didn't think the parking lights affected the interior illumination system.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was from the blown fuses! I looked at my parking lights and the body shoped ripped the wiring out of the lighting so it made contact with the car and popped both fuses. Everything is working fine now since I replaced them.

they have the same controller. glad to hear you rare good to go.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was right for once? Sweet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts