Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yeah those gauges on the clock pod look great, almost OEM. Cool ride!

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
That probably means 305hp @ .4 bar.

The description is in Portuguese and horses in portuguese is cavalo. , take the place of . and while he is using Kilograms he has to be referring to boost pressure.

From the sound of that, I would say 305 @ the crank and definitely not at the wheels. God that thing spooled ridiculously slow and it took FOREVER for RPMs to shoot up.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,035 Posts
God that thing spooled ridiculously slow and it took FOREVER for RPMs to shoot up.
I was thinking the same thing. There wasn't the typical 'blast' that you'd expected from someone mashing it on a dyno. Then again he started out of the gate floored. I like the different front fascia. Like to know more about the setup.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
These car's are not the best at twin turboing, they work alot better with either a supercharger or turbo. It just seems like they have a piss poor toon. My car if I was at 100mph and hit the gas, shoots to 120 in a second. That car is just not worked out very well. Two turbos are not always better then one. If they would have have a small turbo spool first then activating the second one that car would be pretty nice.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
These car's are not the best at twin turboing, they work alot better with either a supercharger or turbo. It just seems like they have a piss poor toon. My car if I was at 100mph and hit the gas, shoots to 120 in a second. That car is just not worked out very well. Two turbos are not always better then one. If they would have have a small turbo spool first then activating the second one that car would be pretty nice.
:uh::uh::uh:

Just where is the logic behind that? How many twin turbo 3G's do you know of that you can compare to make these claims?

Honestly, a properly designed and installed twin turbo kit should smoke the living day lights out of either an SDS or single turbo kit. What the hell are you going to do with more than 400whp in a FWD car anyways? Twins can give you incredibly early spool up and still flow enough air for 400whp.

The problem w/ that car isn't twin turbos... It's tuning and possibly the size of the twin turbos they decided to throw on it.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
:uh::uh::uh:

Just where is the logic behind that? How many twin turbo 3G's do you know of that you can compare to make these claims?

Honestly, a properly designed and installed twin turbo kit should smoke the living day lights out of either an SDS or single turbo kit. What the hell are you going to do with more than 400whp in a FWD car anyways? Twins can give you incredibly early spool up and still flow enough air for 400whp.

The problem w/ that car isn't twin turbos... It's tuning and possibly the size of the twin turbos they decided to throw on it.

THe problem is always tuning on these cars. It always was and always will. That car that's in the video is just something to show off, not very practical. Putting twin turbo's on this car is worthless, the torque steer is aweful. The spacing is limited at best. I just dont see it necessary to have twin turbo's on this car. I am not saying twin turbos are bad in general there is plenty of cars that use them well and make tremendous gains.

These cars run very well with a good toon with either a sds or single turbo. But then again if you want to dump money for a fad and not be practical that's anyones choice.

What you are arguing is that twin turbo's are superior to a single blower or turbo, but there is no point to twin turboing these cars its im practical. Probably the sizing of those turbo is off and the tuning for sure.

·
Ironworker Local #16
723 Posts
Someone already ran a twin turbo with this platform and he was running 16psi. I remember reading one of his post where he raced a BMW M3 and pulled it pretty easy. It's not that it's a waste, he might have picked the wrong turbo's and he might not be running a lot of boost?

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Someone already ran a twin turbo with this platform and he was running 16psi. I remember reading one of his post where he raced a BMW M3 and pulled it pretty easy. It's not that it's a waste, he might have picked the wrong turbo's and he might not be running a lot of boost?
You know that it sucks that he never posted any dyno sheets or vids at the track so I'm not sure if that was even true. That is the problem with some people who decide to go FI and they never post their results.:(

·
V8 > 3G
2,717 Posts
there's a guy on the .org that was running twins but i haven't seen any posts from him in a couple months. jbosal or something like that was his username. i believe he also was running twins on the original motor for over 200k miles

1 - 20 of 27 Posts