Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Here is a link to the cables you need... Side Tension Cable, Mitsubishi, Eclipse, 2000-2005
That little gadget in the picture should have a pin that holds that yellow handle in place. It releases the trunk lid if by chance you get locked in there. What are the chances of that happening?
You will have to remove the rubber trim above the back quarter glass and then remove the metal trim that holds that rubber. With the top open halfway you will have to peel the top away from the frame and then you will see where the other end of the cable goes. There is a small spring at the end of the cable that fits into a tab. Once you see it you will understand. You will need some contact cement to reglue the top in place. Watch this short video and it will give you an idea of how it's done.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Deleting the safety handle in the trunk is easy. Just remove it. There is no benefit in removing it...Why you would want to do this is your own business I guess.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
Well... if that's the case...when he gets this finished I will have him kidnap you and your ransom will be to fix my fast idle...:ROFLMAO:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts