Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any ways I can protect the convertible top on the Spyder in the sun short of getting a tarp. At my work there is a huge parking lot with not one damn tree or shade? :noplease: The temp is starting to warm up and the last thing I want is to buy a new top in a few months.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
When I bought it the old owner told me he had it replaced in '05. But I'm not sure if it needs replaced now, mechanically everything works perfect and cosmetically it isn't faded or worn out. There's a small leak from the side window when I take it through the auto carwash, nothing major. It was kept in a garage for most of it's life.

I was reading on here... Convertible Top Cleaning & Conditioning

Evidently this will do the job... http://www.303products.com/303r-fabric-convertible-top-kit.html Has anyone had any experience with it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is probably going to sounds like a really dumb question but how do I tell if my top is vinyl, cloth, or canvas? I'm pretty sure it's vinyl but not 100%

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
fabric is soft, vinyl has texture printed into it and is kinda stiff like cheap leather.

you should have a fabric top. that was oe equipment at least..

i just recently ordered this stuff, haven't used it yet, it was part of a massive spring cleaning order i've been meaning to make for some time..

RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant Kit

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a tarp for sun protection and it suits me perfectly. I have a large fleet of vehicles in the agricultural sector and therefore I have studied many types of coverings for cars, but flatbed tarps turned out to be the most practical and durable. Modern tarpaulin solutions have taken several steps forward, which makes these covers versatile.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
297 Posts
I highly recommend 303 UV Fabric Protected ..I have been in the auto upholstery trade for many years and this is the only product I use.. Rag Top is also a very good product. I pour the fabric guard into a plastic container and apply it with a 3 inch paint brush. If your working with a tan top the color will darken when applying but will return to its original color. Your black top will look darker . You will be amazed at the results with just one treatment.. Here is a top I recently installed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts