Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a standalone system for my stage 2 SDS. i was wondering if the shop i took it to would need to tune in a program for the methanol injection or does that activate on its own. was the methanol controlled by the Black Box?? if so, what do i need to do to get the meth to work without the black box?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You mean the aem ems or ? I'm pretty sure it can control it my emanage can and the ems is supposed to be better.

·
RIPPed
547 Posts
The meth pump isn't controlled by the BB. The little blue box with the dials on it is hooked into a vacuum line, so boost itself controls the meth injection.

G

·
TrevMill said:
The meth pump isn't controlled by the BB. The little blue box with the dials on it is hooked into a vacuum line, so boost itself controls the meth injection.

Correct... The meth injection is boost referenced and turns on/off with manifold pressure, completely independent of any fuel control system. The 2 settings on the meth box (under the hood, or wherever you installed it) will control at what boost level the meth starts to inject, and also the flow curve of the meth.

·
Sebring 6G72
518 Posts
but .... the SMT or BB as you guys call it. Is fully capable of running any kind of Aux Injection(atleast a single injector style whether it be fuel/meth/water/alky)

so i dont really know why RIPP would use the Snow Variable controller and the BB... when they can just tune the Pump with the BB. Unless they just dont know how.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Burn504 said:
but .... the SMT or BB as you guys call it. Is fully capable of running any kind of Aux Injection(atleast a single injector style whether it be fuel/meth/water/alky)

so i dont really know why RIPP would use the Snow Variable controller and the BB... when they can just tune the Pump with the BB. Unless they just dont know how.
Probably easier to upgrade to stage 2 using the "Snow Variable controller" rather than have a stage 1 owner send in their BB for a new tune :dunno:

·
Sebring 6G72
518 Posts
cause its no big deal to make your customer spend another 250dollars over the regular Snow kit.... when you could do it for them for the price of shipping...

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TrevMill said:
im using the HKS F-CON. this answer is exactly the answer i was looking for. thanks bro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts