Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm having problems with the starter so i decide to take it out of the car and take it to a shop to have it diagnosed...problem is i have the whole thing un-bolted and i can't seem the work the damn thing out of where it is...any suggestions?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
All you do is remove the two mounting bolts and then pull it toward the passenger side. If it doesn't move then try pulling harder! This is assuming you have a V6.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have the v6 and i'm pulling it toward the passenger side it just won't go through, it's getting blocked by the oil filter and the downpipe for the exhaust...i'm frustrated...

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
:scratch: If the oil filter and exhaust manifold are blocking it then just remove them. I have headers and I don't recall them getting in the way. I just removed the starter shield (2 screws and 1 nut), removed the two mounting bolts that hold the starter in place and then I was able to pull it right out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was actually an 02 sensor that was blocking it, removed it and i'm in business, i'm dumb lol, thanks for the help though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts