Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
vBulletin Admin
16,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this book called "Lose Weight, Have More Energy, and Be Happier in 10 Days" by Peter Glickman. It focuses on the benefits of the Master Cleanse system by Stanley Burroughs. After the cleanse I will adding more Raw Foods into my diet and introduce juicing into it as well. Will let you know how it works out.

Anyone in here ever try this program?

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
I have done a Detox, not that particular one though. Last summer I actually tried a colon detox program after seeing a doctor to figure out why I had some stool issues. He put me on some over-the-counter stuff that I took for a week and really flushed my system out. I'll tell you, I felt great. I didn't want to eat I felt so clean.

I'm not sure if that's a complete body detox or not, mine was just for my colon. Apparently they make ones for your heart, liver, etc. Felt damn good though

·
I r bad spellr, stfu
4,028 Posts
I have done a Detox, not that particular one though. Last summer I actually tried a colon detox program after seeing a doctor to figure out why I had some stool issues. He put me on some over-the-counter stuff that I took for a week and really flushed my system out. I'll tell you, I felt great. I didn't want to eat I felt so clean.

I'm not sure if that's a complete body detox or not, mine was just for my colon. Apparently they make ones for your heart, liver, etc. Felt damn good though
So did you just shit for 7 days? I wanted to try something like this but was afraid of the actions to get the results.:scared:

·
Platinum Member
707 Posts
well, with all these detoxes, you will get zero protein into your system. meaning your body will be breaking down the muscle tissue. thats one reason i dont want to try that

·
Chalk City Bitch
14,263 Posts
Tim and I are starting our 30 day cleanse program after the 1st of the year too. However, we only cleanse two days a week, the rest of the time we do two shakes a day and one full meal.

I'm interested in the raw foods plan you're getting into though Ed. I've read a bit on that and it made a lot of sense. Plus many veggies I actually prefer raw anyway. :)

Definitely keep us updated on how it works out for you.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
So did you just shit for 7 days? I wanted to try something like this but was afraid of the actions to get the results.:scared:
I shit more than normal for 7 days. On the last day I had to drink those saline laxatives... Let me tell you, I think I shit every 5 mins for like 8 hours. By the end of all that I felt like Jet Li :agreed:

·
Custom User Title
7,362 Posts
How much weight did you guys loose becasue I am in a compition with someone at work to loose the most weight I was 209 now I am down to 188 and I have roughly two weeks to loose more so I am fucken interested..... and tell me where to get that shit at and what its called... another question, do you have to babysit the toliet the whole time??

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
How much weight did you guys loose becasue I am in a compition with someone at work to loose the most weight I was 209 now I am down to 188 and I have roughly two weeks to loose more so I am fucken interested..... and tell me where to get that shit at and what its called... another question, do you have to babysit the toliet the whole time??
When you have a colonoscopy they make you drink something called enema. Go to CVS or your local drugstore where the laxatives are. They should have to kinds, one with a rubber tip that you stick up your ass, and the 1.5oz drinkable ones. Get the oral ones and YES... babysit the toilet. I didn't weigh myself, but I noticed that my lower stomach was flat as fuck.

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
Anyone. I see a whole lot of discussion about shitting yourself stupid for a week, but I can't figure out if we're talking about popping laxatives like they were candy or something a little more... Clandestine...?

·
54,424 Posts
Anyone. I see a whole lot of discussion about shitting yourself stupid for a week, but I can't figure out if we're talking about popping laxatives like they were candy or something a little more... Clandestine...?
theyre talking about the more 'natural' way of giving yourself horrid oily shits because all that oily nasty shit must be the bad things coming out. i'm a little biased since my quack of a stepmom is always on about this that and the other flush and detox and diet :lol:

i'm sure some of it does some good and theres nothing bad with eating healthier, just be careful and dont overdo it...and remember some foods can not be eaten raw or undercooked!

·
vBulletin Admin
16,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

It does two things. Toxins you take in are stored in fat cells in your body. Also, old food waste gets stuck to your colon walls. This detox helps remove both from your system.

·
Chalk City Bitch
14,263 Posts
:agreed: Mike the stuff some other people mentioned were more like extreme versions of laxatives and actually sounded to me like a bowel prep which is designed to clean you out before surgery. Not something good to do on a whim or regular basis for sure.

The detox I think Ed and I are talking about are not like that. Toxins build up over time from our environment... foods we eat, so doing this and trying to eat as clean and organically as you can helps.

·
I r bad spellr, stfu
4,028 Posts
So what is a name brand of the Detox. I am all about helping to give my body a head start but if we are just talking about violent bowel clensing hole burning squirts I am not sure. If it is something that will help to jump start my body or help with my non existant metabo them I might try...

Any of the health nuts wanna weigh in on this?

·
One Lucky Fuck
10,172 Posts
My feeling is that your body cleanses itself of toxins already and it uses water to do it. That being said, dumping a Big Mac in there isn't going to help anything. I ate raw fruits and veggies for 7 days with a protein shake in the morning and ingested nothing else but water during that time. It was pretty difficult, but I felt much better and lost about 7 pounds in that and the following week combined. In the second week, I added lean protein to lunch and dinner and kept on the fruits and veggies for all 3 meals and 2-3 snacks.

I am not a fan of using chemicals and such to "detox". The human body is an amazingly adaptive machine and already has everything necessary to detox itself. All you need to do is put the right fuel in the machine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts