Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyy guys im new to this forum. I discovered this site not long ago.

Anyways.. i had my GS eclipse for 3 month and i decided to make it faster. It's my first car so i dont really have lots of experience concerning engines. At the begining i wanted to buy an ebay turbo kit but then realised that it's shit. Now im thinking about building my own kit. The only thing im scared is the lack of knowlegde. I started to read alot about turbos and i even bought a book about turbos:bigthumb:. Do u guys think i would be able to piece evrything together. I have about 2500$ i dont want a crazy ass turbo cuz i dont want to modifie my pistons. I wanna get around 100hp.

Soo do u have any suggestions for me or parts that would be good for my projects?

thx for answering :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
You might be able to build a turbo kit off of evo8 stuff for that much (16g, evo fpr, evo fuel rail) with some wrx injectors. But most of all you are going to have to learn how to tune with ecuflash. Or save up and find a shop that can tune using Ecuflash. Do you have a manual or auto tranny?

But before you go into buying anything you should SEARCH this forum. It is full of information.

G

·
SEARCH is a key button on the top. $2500 is a little low, but you might be able to work it out. Due to the fact that + 100 hp is a LOT on a 150hp car, you're also gonna need to look at brakes, suspension, and clutch! i say save up more, read around and do it right cause the least thing you need is a blown motor due to lack of knowledge!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i got a manuel
This is good because now you can read about tuning with ecuflash using the evo8 rom, or just going with an evo ecu altogether.

Just read up on other peoples project threads and you will get an idea of what you need to part your turbo kit together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts