Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start doing some mods to my Eclipse. I need some advice as to where to start. Things I want to do:

1. New Rims
  2. Smoked out tail lights
  3. Black Badges
  4. New Clutch
  5. New Stereo and Speakers
  6. New Head Lights
Where do you guys suggest I start?
Thanks

·
TxTuning.com
6,807 Posts
If you need a clutch...I'd start with that on your list.

·
TxTuning.com
6,807 Posts
Sounds like you have a list of starting mods than. Now determine your budget and you'll eliminate half of them.

·
USN
961 Posts
I don't need it right now. It's just something I'd like to replace in the near future.
If you aren't putting down serious power, there isn't a need to go any higher then Stage 1/OEM. If you think your clutch will go out soon, set the money aside, in a safe place where you won't touch it until you need it.

As for starting on the rest of the list, Go with new headlights. Sonar's and Depo's are the recommended one's besides retrofits. Just don't get HIDs without a projector lens. The 2" drop can be achieved with either coilovers or lowering springs with new shocks. And new wheels are easy to find. There are plenty of options that work as long as you don't have Brembo's.Check out other members rides threads, and the photoshop sections for ideas, as well as the show and shine area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
new lights are pretty easy the site i used was Andy's Auto Sport Body Kits - Your Body Kit Superstore! u can find a lot of stuff there for cheaper. as for black badges i actually just did that on my 2001 gt and u can do it for around 10$ all u need is some flat black spray paint some sand paper (i used 40 and either 80 or 120 grit) and newspaper and tape to tape off around the badge. from there its simple sand down the badge so the paint sticks then apply i recommend at least 2 coats of paint

·
Registered
186 Posts
i've actually used andy's autosport twice and had no problems. You just have to make sure you read everything before you buy it, because I almost bought the wrong part. And do damn research...

As for mods, just make sure you do proper maintenance and keep up with that. Sadly that's what is delaying everything I wanna do. I'd go with the headlights, then maybe nightshade your tails/corners? That's what I did and I love how it looks. Depending on how long you wanna go, don't get springs, I went the spring route and i didn't get nearly the effect I wanted. So i'm down like 400 dollars and now I'm saving up for coilovers, which are gonna have to wait a damn long time. The clutch, time dependent? Do you wanna race it? What kind of performance mods are you looking into?

·
Registered
18 Posts
funny i must be the one in a million person then cause of the three different times ive ordered something from that site ive never had a problem with the parts i got, or the fact that it was cheaper than any other site i went to.

·
Registered
186 Posts
funny i must be the one in a million person then cause of the three different times ive ordered something from that site ive never had a problem with the parts i got, or the fact that it was cheaper than any other site i went to.
:agreed:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts