Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Damn I look good
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put my original wheels back on the car, soo no I can drive a little faster than 40mph and not worry about hitting the tiniest hole and something and actually drive on the freeways for the time being. Well when i get to about 65mph the car shakes real bad and at any speed it pulls hard to the right, but the tires seemed fine when the were checked before they were put back on and I just got an alignment done not that long ago.

The other thing is. When In on the freeway and I get to about 55-60 the car handles horribly now. I was at about 57mph and I needed to go one lane over because the person in front of me slammed on their brake soo they could catch the exit they were almost past and my car dipped/tilted/leaned or whatever you want to call it hard and when it seemed like it it was going to even back up the whole car jerked the other way (I didnt jerk the wheel or do that abrupt of a lane change) and then the car almost went completely out of control. Thankfully being FWD came in handy this time. But the whole time I drove back home it felt like I was driving a 4ft long 20tall car.

What could this be? My tires were only used for maybe a month after I bought the car a couple of years ago, ever since then Ive had various wheels on the car from 20" and up. Soo my driving has been limited to slow and sluggish for a while.

·
Damn I look good
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I was thinking the suspension. But I dont know, could the tires be bad as well?

·
Damn I look good
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it seems that there was a problem with the tires. But the car still sways from side to side while I'm driving.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow, sounds like a swaybar or swaybar link.
Alignment for the pulling was my first guess too, but if it's been aligned recently, that probably isn't the problem unless you hit a big bump or something to take it back out of alignment. Brakes could be the cause of pulling if they're worn unevenly or one is slightly stuck. I had that problem once... car would pull left while driving, then pull right when braking.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
I have a feeling that you'll be able to trace your problems to something that was done to make those wheels fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts