Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 Auto GTS. It has 136 K Original miles. The car drives smoothly but the steering shakes a little violently around 55 MPH. It happens almost like a pattern every 2 seconds. it increases when accelerating and I don't feel it anywhere in the car except the steering. The braking doesn't cause this shaking and the car is not pulling into either direction. I have been looking all over the internet for a solution, I see many things like alignment or CV joint. Can anyone here recommend what I should do or get checked out at a mechanic? Thank you

·
Low and Slow.
1,876 Posts
I have a 2003 Auto GTS. It has 136 Original miles. The car drives smoothly but the steering shakes a little violently around 55 MPH. It happens almost like a pattern every 2 seconds. it increases when accelerating and I don't feel it anywhere in the car except the steering. The braking doesn't cause this shaking and the car is not pulling into either direction. I have been looking all over the internet for a solution, I see many things like alignment or CV joint. Can anyone here recommend what I should do or get checked out at a mechanic? Thank you
136? not 136,000? Wow.
Alignment, wheels need balanced, CVs need replaced, all possible. If its 10 years old with only 136 miles then Im sure the tires are dry rotted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts