Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dak
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so I bought a 2001 Eclipse and the guy that owned it before me had NO CLUE what he was doing at all. I have exhausted every forum and research result (YouTube, Google, etc.) trying to find an answer so here is my question:

I went to install an aftermarket head as the Four CD changer required the code and my button that corresponds for the second digit of the code doesn't work. As I pull out the head I notice there's the large black cable that I assume runs to the amp, the power to head cable that just had crimp connectors attached to the head and the two antenna cables. I have no clue which cables are the speaker cables or if the car even has speaker cables. I used the crimp connectors to connect the aftermarket head and it illuminated but other than that; no sound. What do I have to do to wire up the head so that it will play music, etc. I have removed the crimps since then because I plan on ordering the proper cables. I also just bought a cheap head that will suffice until later. Do these cables look correct and how are they used?: Amazon.com: Metra 70-7003 Radio Wiring Harness for Mitsubishi Amp Integr: Car Electronics
Amazon.com: Metra 70-7001 Radio Wiring Harness for Mitsubishi 94-Up: Car Electronics

Here are some pictures of what Jose did... :rant::sweat:

·
Registered
547 Posts
not sure what the person did. i would have to take a look at my radio to see, since i cannot remember off the top of my head. but if you need the metra kit i have one that has everything you need including the bezel/mount for the radio i can sell you.

·
Dak
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what the person did. i would have to take a look at my radio to see, since i cannot remember off the top of my head. but if you need the metra kit i have one that has everything you need including the bezel/mount for the radio i can sell you.
Do you have both metra cables I need? The idiot who worked on this unit before cut the power cable connector for the radio so I need to splice a new one on. Also do you know where I can get a head unit that has the four rca in puts I need to connect the amp integration metra cable?

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have these two part numbers.
99-7007
70-7003

the second link you have there is cheaper on amazon yes but you can pick those up are besy buy or any audio shop really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts