Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old clutch is a exedy it has 4 springs on each side I know the side that sticks out more goes to tranny. The problem I'm having is my new oe-spec clutch from clutch masters has six springs on one side and 6 covered springs on the other side and that's the wider side.but the only way it would bolt on with the pressure plate is if I put the springs facing the flywheel. Help please ty.
Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Bicycle part Rim

Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Vehicle brake Rim
Hand Automotive tire Finger Silver Clock
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Rim
Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Bicycle part Rim
Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake
Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Vehicle brake Rim

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Rim

Hand Automotive tire Finger Silver Clock

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
835 Posts
So the clutch is from clutch masters ... what is the model number... Should start with FX.# Also ...what I read on clutch masters is the disk should have come with stickers on it saying clutch side/flywheel side? No big deal that the new clutch has six springs.... Did you get this clutch right from clutch masters or a party that sells their product?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the clutch is from clutch masters ... what is the model number... Should start with FX.# Also ...what I read on clutch masters is the disk should have come with stickers on it saying clutch side/flywheel side? No big deal that the new clutch has six springs.... Did you get this clutch right from clutch masters or a party that sells their product?
All I can find is the manufacturer part number it's very long here it is Cxp-5202 1hp5 -exe Cxp-52021Cf-exe

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
835 Posts
I think that is your problem @Lauraspyder ... You ordered this on eBay... for all we know it's a clutch for a 68 Mustang... No wonder you are having such difficulty… I went right to Clutch Masters and typed in that part number and this is what I got..
Product Azure Rectangle Operating system Font

If the clutch you have was from Clutch Masters it would have a number such as FX100...FX ECT... Take a look at this page from clutch masters...I opened the page to 2002 Eclipse 3L V6 ... Single Disc Clutch Kits
Send that piece of crap back and get your money back... Then go to Clutch Masters direct and order it from there… You may have saved money ordering on eBay, but that's a chance you take…I'm sure everyone will agree with me that ordering parts through eBay is a big no no... I hope you can get this figured out....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
835 Posts
@Lauraspyder .... I stayed up last night and did a lot of searching... I know what your problem is.... Using those numbers you gave us I separated them into two parts. First Cxp-5202 1hp5-exe and then Cxp-52021Cf-exe
What I found is that it is not a Clutch Master .... and it does not fit your car...
Once I found the clutch with that number I clicked on the fitment tab and this is what it returned........ Does Not Fit ...... Look for yourself

Automotive tire Font Screenshot Multimedia Software

You would think with the title of the add it would be the right clutch but when you hit the confirm fitment it comes up Does Not Fit 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse
eBay has a good return policy, so you should be able to get your money back....
All this time and frustration you were having is not your fault ... Hopefully you have some paper work and or eBay recites ....look in My eBay for your purchase history and if I was you I would report the seller...
Once you have done this, don't cheap out and get the Clutch Master for your ride.... Single Disc Clutch Kits
I opened the page to clutches that will fit your ride… They list seven different clutches, so you will have to read the details on each one until you find the one you need…
Maybe one of these kind gentlemen can click on the link and pick the right one for you.. I have no clue because I have the sportronic auto trans...
Cheer up girl...have a glass of wine ...hope it all works out for you.....Marry Christmas
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you're interested, I have an Exedy clutch, fresh factory flywheel, axle seals and input shaft seal, clutch fork and Tranny lube I'll sell you. It was for my GTS project that was just shit down yesterday due to rust. PM and we can work out a price. I also have a new slave cylinder too. All parts are new and OEM with exception to the clutch kit.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
835 Posts
If you're interested, I have an Exedy clutch, fresh factory flywheel, axle seals and input shaft seal, clutch fork and Tranny lube I'll sell you. It was for my GTS project that was just shit down yesterday due to rust. PM and we can work out a price. I also have a new slave cylinder too. All parts are new and OEM with exception to the clutch kit.
You may want to pull the plug on this offer if you're going to buy the car being sent to the crusher?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts