Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This track is just a little north of me. This newer VQ is a pretty stout V6.

VeeTec said:
I went to the GA vs. FLA GTO shootout, knowing I probably wouldn't have enough clutch pressure to launch like I would need to break the et record, but the car has been running so strong, I just had to give it a shot. That, and we wanted to see some of our GTO friends.

My first pass of the day saw me bog off the line, at about 2K rpms, and run a 13.450 at 105.64. That immediately got my attention! After that I tried some harder launches, but they quickly ended in clutch pedal to the floor slippage, and an aborted run.

Determined, I pumped the clutch like mad, and made 3-4 passes at a time, launching easy, which meant bogging, to avoid the pressure drop, then letting the car's clutch cool down for about 10-15 minutes after a few runs.

Well, the car got faster and faster, which resulted in several 13.3's at 106, with three over 107 mph. That's right, I said 107 mph!:eek: The car was going very fast on the top end, after easing off the start.

My best run of the day was the following.

R/T ... .145
60' ... 1.984 (This was REALLY hard bogging it off the line!)
330 ... 5.634
1/8 ... 8.614
MPH ... 81.93
1000 ... 11.150
1/4 ... 13.285
MPH ... 107.19

I also had considered dropping in a new set of oem air filters, as mine had a lot of dirt build up after 15K of use. I replaced the first set at 5K. Instead, I just knocked a few of the bugs out, and put the dirty filters back in, as I didn't have time to find a Nissan dealer in rural south Georgia. I also figured the car had adjusted to the dirty filters quite well, so I didn't want the ecu to try and adjust for more air flow.

I have been running BP 93 now for a couple of months, and before that, I was running Shell V-Power. I've stayed with the BP, due to a much more consistent performance pattern, and increased mileage. It seems to allow for the most timing.

Anyway, after all of that, I am still very frustrated about the clutch pressure, which now is so bad I can't push the gas on the street at all, without it trying to stick to the floor. At least it will be easier for the dealer to observe the problem in person.

I truly think a high 12 will come stock, for a very good driver, with a good clutch. I will be leaving my car stock, and hope that Nissan comes up with a good fix. If I could launch this car like I could my 04, with it's stock clutch, man, 12.9 wouldn't haven't been very hard.

Stand by for a few timeslips, pics and videos. The conditions for the runs were sunny, dry, 68 F. I haven't checked on what the DA was, but the conditions were good. The track was South Georgia Motorsports Park, and it sits at 242', and is located in Cecil, GA. I am ga21.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
That's pretty awesome. What are the stock numbers for output on the new Z?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Yup, those VQ35HR motors are pretty damn strong and consistently running in the low 13's on the Zs. Just imagine if the newer Z didn't gain so much weight. High 12's might be a reality. Nevertheless very impressive for a N/A V6. Just wait till the Z gets the VQ37RHR or maybe even a N/A VR38???

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
damn...that's actually quite impressive.

I still want to see a 450GT...I no longer think that will happen :mecry: How about an M45 coupe with the 4.5? :)

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Those are some pretty impressive numbers for a V6 N/A setup, and none the less stock. Sam what is the "Texas Edition"???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts