Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got these babies on after FOREVER......

I had to come up with almost $400 to put tires on the front two wheels. They are in great condition. I think they were used for less that 10K miles. And before anyone says anything, I'm not lowering the car. If I did I wouldn't be able to park in my driveway!~ So dont' even talk crap about the whole 4x4 look.....

The rotors are totally rusted, because I haven't driven the car for months, ever since I blew my motor, which is still at the machine shop who says it will be ready in approx 10 days.

And my awesome son helping me show off the new wheels.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good man. If you dont plan on lowering it, I would at least get a coil over suspension to tighten things up. All that power and body roll don't mix! Stiffer suspension will also improve braking.
I would definately LOVE to get a coilover kit.... absolutely one of the top things on my list. I dont' drive too aggressively in turns right now anyway, because I believe its hard on the differential, and thats not the strongest thing to be messing with anyway. But as of right now I just want to get my built motor in there, thats my NUMBER 1 priority!

·
Registered
518 Posts
if you want to lower it and still want to be able to pull in your driveway get the TEIN Type FLEX with EDFC so you are able to adjust every thing with just a touch of a button

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like alot of money......and my car is complicated enough as it is....I don't need to add more wires and stuff. Its getting kinda rediculous right now with

aftermarket radio/Sirius reciever and antenna
gauges and their wires
E-manage and boost sensors ect
aftermarket alarm system (thing is a mess)
Soon to be added Methanol injection with failsafe/and solenoid.
Tactrix cable that is hooked up all the time, and the wires to log the wideband and wideband - e-manage wire
The list goes on and on

I just don't think I can hande adding any more wires and stuff if its not needed. I would, however, love to add something to stiffen it up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
if you want to lower it and still want to be able to pull in your driveway get the TEIN Type FLEX with EDFC so you are able to adjust every thing with just a touch of a button
I'm pretty sure that the EDFC only allows you to control the damping force and not the ride hight.

·
makin territories
1,205 Posts
steadly you know me, i would just fix the driveway:twothumb: looks good though. your calipers look a lot better than mine did when i got my conversion done. i had to take mine back off to paint them silver because i was so sick of the way they looked.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Liking the Evo VIII wheels. I have the same set that should be going on this spring.

Reactions: steadly2004

·
makin territories
1,205 Posts
were they peeling or what?
yeah they were a little faded also. the guy autocrossed with them for four races and daily drove the car. they just were very pretty so i made them look good. i sanded them down as much as i could and then sprayed five coats of pfc engine enamel (1200 degree) applied the brembo stickers then recoated them with pfc engine enamel clear coat three times. i want to ultimately get them powder coated silver but i just am having a hard time finding a rebuild kit and dont want to go through the dealer.:(

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
If your having a problem going up a ramp that leads to your driveway then you could attempt to go up at an angle lol. Nice wheels though. Oh and those big red Brembos look nice too ;).

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your having a problem going up a ramp that leads to your driveway then you could attempt to go up at an angle lol. Nice wheels though. Oh and those big red Brembos look nice too ;).
Thanks on the brake comment!

Actually I do, thats how I get up it now. If I didn't, I would scrape even without the intercooler/piping hanging. I used to scrape all stock. Now with my shit hanging down, I slow down even more, and creep up the driveway. I don't think its possible to get in/out my driveway with a low car.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Love the wheels.

Reactions: steadly2004
1 - 20 of 23 Posts