Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys!

I've been perusing these forums for a while now and the info you give is great! I have a question though that I couldn't find an answer to.

I have a 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder with the Infinity amp (MR400692) under the passenger seat. It fried this week and I need to get it replaced. The dealership in town told me it was VIN specific and I had to get one that matched my VIN. I doubted this very much, so I come to you.

So my question is, will any Infinity amp from a Mitsubishi, Dodge, Chrysler work? Does it have to be from a certain year range (00-05)? I have an aftermarket Pioneer deck so the factory radio code doesn't matter. If there's any more info you need, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. If anyone has one they would like to sell me, PM and let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
too me it doent make sense, if it was VIN related that means they would have to make you a new amp so that it matches your VIN #, which i doubt because amps don't contain any type of programming, its all circuits,

well since you already have an afm Deck why dont you go for an afm AMP.. the only problem would be that the wiring, and you'll get a better sound quality.

I'm not really too sure if any other type of amps can fit in your car, the only way to find out is to try it for your self kinda like trial and error

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys!

I've been perusing these forums for a while now and the info you give is great! I have a question though that I couldn't find an answer to.

I have a 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder with the Infinity amp (MR400692) under the passenger seat. It fried this week and I need to get it replaced. The dealership in town told me it was VIN specific and I had to get one that matched my VIN. I doubted this very much, so I come to you.

So my question is, will any Infinity amp from a Mitsubishi, Dodge, Chrysler work? Does it have to be from a certain year range (00-05)? I have an aftermarket Pioneer deck so the factory radio code doesn't matter. If there's any more info you need, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. If anyone has one they would like to sell me, PM and let me know! Thanks!
You really dont need the factory amp, if fact, your aftermarket radio will put out just as much power and sound good, if not better. (This is the cheapest route) If you are familiar with wiring you can just bypass the amp or take it to your local car audio shop and have it done. But the money you will spend replacing it, you might as well buy an aftermarket amp.

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
You really dont need the factory amp, if fact, your aftermarket radio will put out just as much power and sound good, if not better. (This is the cheapest route) If you are familiar with wiring you can just bypass the amp or take it to your local car audio shop and have it done. But the money you will spend replacing it, you might as well buy an aftermarket amp.
Sorry noob. Do some searching before you post.

If you bypass the amp with your factory infinity speakers, you WILL blow the speakers and/or fry the HU. The speakers are 2 ohm speakers, way too low for any HU.

OP, check the FS forum for OEM amps for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts