Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is still boosting with stock internals on thier v6?... was just wondering cause i am thinking about doing it @ 6psi.. cause its my daily driver

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Make sure you read up on tuning. (Not saying you haven't). There is little margin for error on the v6. You will need to be religiously methodical and tune for no knock. It can and has been done, but the common advice is to upgrade you pistons at least. It's up to you and how well you believe you can tune you car.

Read posts by jbasol and his 15psi twin turbo GT.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
Make sure you read up on tuning. (Not saying you haven't). There is little margin for error on the v6. You will need to be religiously methodical and tune for no knock. It can and has been done, but the common advice is to upgrade you pistons at least. It's up to you and how well you believe you can tune you car.

Read posts by jbasol and his 15psi twin turbo GT.
Well, said Chief. I'm currently boosted on the stock internals and I'm still working on the tune because I'm leaning out a bit at 4000 rpm. I'll say this: I'm totally prepared if I blow this motor. I even have the forged pistons (it came with the kit when I bought it used). Even though 6 psi with a good tune has shown to be fine, if you're not willing to take the risk of a blown engine, then don't FI. There are just no guarantees.

Take the time and check out some of the FI builds on these forums. Good Luck.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im not sure exactly what kit im going to get. i might put together my own... ive been reading up for about a month now and i plan on getting the turbo and putting it in, in the summer when my friend gets home from college cause he has alot of experience with turboing and he knows other people that are really good at tuning so. im not sure exactly what im going to do.. i might sell my GT for 10 grand and buy a GS for like 7-8 grand and turbo that.
Im really not sure but ill prob just end up turboing my gt.. im just going to be doing alot of researching from now till the summer

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
If you meant to say Clutch no.. He has an auto. If you meant to say crutch in regards to the E8 on a stock motor, yeah I would agree.

;)

·
Land Shark!
787 Posts
I'm still on stock internals as well. Tuned with an AEM EMS. Running about 6 psi till I find my boost leak then I should be at 7-8 psi.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
I'm still on stock internals as well. Tuned with an AEM EMS. Running about 6 psi till I find my boost leak then I should be at 7-8 psi.
Did Bill over @ Extreme wire in your AMS? When I was over there he said he had done one on a turbo'd 3G.

I'd like to see your setup sometime since you aren't too far from me. :bigthumb:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
Did Bill over @ Extreme wire in your AMS? When I was over there he said he had done one on a turbo'd 3G.

I'd like to see your setup sometime since you aren't too far from me. :bigthumb:
I think I saw that car once while I was there... a white 3g?

·
Land Shark!
787 Posts

I did have it wired in at extreme but I don't know who exactly did it. I was under the impression that Sean was supposed to do it. I'd be glad to let you see it as soon as I get a few things straightened out. I have to fix a boost leak and possibly fix a mysterious noise coming from the front passenger wheel. I also have to find some time to get my tires mounted and balanced as well. It's always something with this car.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
I did have it wired in at extreme but I don't know who exactly did it. I was under the impression that Sean was supposed to do it. I'd be glad to let you see it as soon as I get a few things straightened out. I have to fix a boost leak and possibly fix a mysterious noise coming from the front passenger wheel. I also have to find some time to get my tires mounted and balanced as well. It's always something with this car.
Sean didn't do it. Bill their main tech did. I spoke to him at length about what a bitch of an install that was.

If you need any help I kinda do this stuff and my cousin has a tire / rim shop literally 3 blocks from my house. Can you say hookups? :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts