Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont mean to revive an old thread, but I have a really quick question. Does anyone know what the functions of the black/yellow stripe and pink wires are on the larger connector of the stock harness? I couldnt figure it out when looking at any of the wiring diagrams that i found. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, i have been searching this thread and used the search button to figure out what these wires powers on or what it does but still does not make sense for me, straight up, this is the same exact colors of wiring on my 2001 spyder GS please, anyone tell me what each wire does?

In the main connector, there is...
Green/White - powers what?
Black/Yellow - powers what?
Red/White - powers what?
White/Black - powers what?
Solid Pink? - powers what?

Then the second has
Solid Red(- powers what?
Solid Black - powers what?
Solid Brown - powers what?

I read a lot of posts regarding about the wiring diagrams regarding 3g eclipse but some colors does not show on my Wiring harness does the confusion starts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I'm having a similar issue. I bought a 2002 Eclipse Spyder GT and the first thing I noticed was that when you turned on the lights the radio went off. Turn off the lights and the radio would power on. I pulled out the radio the previous owner had installed (an aftermarket single din Pioneer) and saw that the wiring harnesses (same harnesses from above) were chopped completely off leaving exposed wires but clipped so they wouldn't short out! After searching the forums, I was able to get my aftermarket radio to operate properly but the instrument lights and the AC/Heat switches below the radio do not illuminate. I have checked all fuses and checked that the dimmer is turned up. I'm sure the two wires I could not figure out where to connect (the Green/White and Black/Yellow) are to blame! Does anyone know where these two wires connect?? It really sucks at night with no illumination on the instrument panel!

Green/White - Need to know where this one connects!
Black/Yellow - Need to know where this one connects!
Red/White - 12v Batt
White/Black - Acc
Solid Pink - Powers Antenna

Then the second has
Solid Red - For Multi-Unit Display (Not needed for after-market installs)
Solid Black - For Multi-Unit Display (Not needed for after-market installs)
Solid Brown - For Multi-Unit Display (Not needed for after-market installs)
Solid White - For Multi-Unit Display (Not needed for after-market installs)

Thanks in advance guys for any assistance on this!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not exactly sure, but wouldn't one be pos and the other ground, check resistance to ground using an ohmmeter and attach that to ground and the other just splice into a 12v wire.???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok.. So, I bought the wiring harness, two double female to single male RCA cables to bring the four channels down to two. Then a dual female RCA to single female 3.5mm, and a 3.5mm patch cable with one angled tip to make it hopefully make it easier to fit behind the dash. Hopefully this works out. Got it all through amazon. Hopefully i will get it by the end of the week.

I'll report back on how it works out. I'm still open to other suggested methods.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

I had a question about which wiring harness you used. I keep seeing mention of the metra 70-7003 which does not look like a plug and play for what you pictured and what I have. Same exact layout for me and your post has me terrified to try splicing the wires and running them myself. Lol. Please advise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I'm pretty new here. I just bought my 02 Eclipse GS a week ago. Almost exactly a week ago.. lol Didn't even get to drive it home till Monday since the MVC was closed for the day already(damn saturday hours.. lol).

I bought this knowing i'd have some work to put into it. The sunroof switch does nothing.. The clock is out.. For the life of me, I can't get the rear view mirror lights to work(new bulbs and only checked fuses so far), fuel gauge light is out, shifting into 1st and reverse is crazy tough(waiting on master and slave cylinders to be shipped. Hoping that fixes thing there.) And my biggest gripe at the moment, is that I can't figure out how to get this stock radio working.

I plan to replace it with an aftermarket H/U eventually, but I want to focus on mechanical issues first. I bought this car through a used car dealer, who obviously knew nothing about the vehicle, but he did tell me that the guy before me had an aftermarket system in it already, but he took it out and threw the stock one back in.

At least he left all of the wiring. I've been doing searches all morning through Google and here and haven't quite come across what I'm looking for. All week, i've seen that the radio does have some power, but it doesn't actually turn on. The backlight comes on when the headlights are turned on, but that's about it. I figured the display might have been out, but the radio itself would work, but I called Mitsubishi and got the radio code and went through the whole hour long reset process and nothing worked.

I finally decided to look at the wiring at this point and realized there were two separate wiring connectors back there. I'm assuming that all of the wiring was separated for whatever unit that was in here previously, but I'm getting really really tired of driving an hour to and from work in silence. lol

If anyone may be able to help me figure out which of these wires is what so I can place them back into the main harness, i'd really really really appreciate it.

In the main connector, there is...
Green/White
Black/Yellow
Red/White
White/Black
Solid Pink?

Then the second has
Solid Red(Guessing this would be the main power?)
Solid Black(Guess the ground?)
Solid White
Solid Brown

Edit: ok.. now i'm really confused.. I found a few places saying that the radio, dome lights(which I don't have, but i'd assume the rear view mirror would be the same), keyless entry, and in some of the cases, the sunroof were all connected somehow and people had issues when them all at once? I may have misread on that. I'm finding it slightly funny, because... That is pretty much the exact same thing i'm unable to figure out. I see that the clock doesn't work without the factory radio, which probably why that isn't working.. but yeah..

Also, I found that the fuse box under the hood has these for what i'm assuming are the radio and the dome light. They in some yellow casing that lets me lift to disconnected the fuses from the sockets, but not actually remove them to see if they're bad. This is getting to be a frustrating trial and error. Any one experience this before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I maybe misunderstanding this whole conversation here but if your having problem finding a acc wire all you need to do is find a account wire under your dash go to your local parts store buy a tee wiring connector and a male spade connector the same gauge as the wire you plan to use and there's ur account wire for your amp turns off when car is off and on when key is turned to access or run as for ground most cars have random "grounding" points throughout the dash
Go to.
the12volt.com

Under
vehicle wiring/2001/Mitsubishi/eclipse
And there you will find all the answers you seek grasshopper

41 - 49 of 49 Posts