Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Patty Cakes
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street Fighter V. Quite simply, wow! Stunning freaking graphics and responsive controls.

Platform: PC (Pre-ordered from Steam and got Chun-Li's Battle Outfit :ndance: )

A few gripes though. Only a few, predetermined keyboard keys are mappable. :scratch: On first install and launch, if you don't have a controller, it doesn't tell you which keys to press for what. Pressing random keys enabled me to get to the main menu. At least the cursor keys are mapped as cursor movements. Heh.

Luckily, I have a wired Xbox360 controller. Just as well, since the game was intended to be played using a controller or arcade-style joystick anyway.

There's a "Survival" mode where you pick a character, and engage in something like a Deathmatch / Sudden Death. Difficulties are Easy, Normal, Hard, and Hell. Winning successively 10, 30, 50, and 100, respectively, unlocks costume colors and a "title." Am currently working on Hard mode and it feels like a chore. :rant2:

Last real SF game I played was SF2 on the SNES. Does Marvel vs. Capcom count? :lol: Many move executions are the same for characters I'm familiar with like Chun-Li, Ryu, and Ken. But I'm finding they have more abilities, and am currently learning how and when to execute them.

Played against a few human opponents over Steam last night. Man, I fucking suck. Talk about a streak of getting my ass kicked. :lol:

·
08/05/2008
5,624 Posts
I'm too casual to get $60 of fun from it. I'll probably pick it up on whatever platform I catch it for $20 first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts