Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Back2Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i went to changew out my struts the other nite and the bottom bolt on the rear wont come off i dont have a compressor so i cant use an impact gun i was using a breaker bar but it wont break loose i even sprayed some wd 40 on it but still wont budge does anyone have any ideas or advice

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I've seen this discussed in at least two threads...it's a common problem. Mine came right off without any issues at all, but my driver's rear upper shock nut was rusted pretty bad, so I had to put some Vice Grips on the shaft to hold it still...but that's a separate issue. Also, WD40 is a "water dispersent" (it was the company's 40th try at the formula, hence the name)...PB Blaster works the best, from my experience, for getting tough bolts loose...besides a breaker bar, you can always pound on the ratchet with a BFH, but it's your ratchet so don't come crying to me if you happen to break it...

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I've seen this discussed in at least two threads...it's a common problem.
Very common, averages about twice a month it seems that someone asks.

Do what he said above. Or, you can also get a dremel and slive open the bottom of the strut itself. It will split apart and then come off. Kind of drastic, but it will work.

Keep trying, you'll get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.