Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 3g eclipse gt with a grenaded transmission. And I unbolted the bell housing and cant remove the transmission, feels like its stuck at the fork. Need some help trying to unmate the two. It's a 6g72 with 5speed trans. Thank you in advance.!

Attachments

·
54,328 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need to insert a long flat blade screw driver into the bell housing to release the throw out bearing clip, search here for throw out bearing release or see if you can locate the service manual online and check there.

·
TxTuning.com
6,804 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need to insert a long flat blade screw driver into the bell housing to release the throw out bearing clip, search here for throw out bearing release or see if you can locate the service manual online and check there.
That's correct bud. Been a bit rusty but just did this last night. Move the fork all the way to the right away (on the outside) from the trans, stick the flathead on the left side of the fork between the TOB and fork, twist the flat head and slide the fork back to the left (on the outside). You'll know if you've done it right if the fork moved further to the left (on the outside) than it was initially.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts