Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automotive News said:

MURTAYA HITS THE ROAD

When you mate Subaru's blown boxer and all-wheel-drive system to a lightweight body, only good things can come of it. The P2 from Prodrive has already proven that much. But, when another British racing firm creates their own bespoke machine, the hairs on the back of our neck stand at attention.

It was an exciting time for all at Adrenaline Motorsport today as the Murtaya demonstrator; the car quoted by Steve Hole of Total Kit Car as being a landmark car; has hit the road in anger.

Looking resplendent in its silver livery the car emerged from the Adrenaline workshops glinting in the sunshine and burbling eagerly from its distinctive twin tailpipes.

Rev and boost limited to run in the re-built, 280BHP motor, the car was initially driven very gently around the picturesque autumnal Cornish lanes, but was visibly straining at the leash and eager to be released. The Murtaya will come in a few different flavors, with varying trim levels and power outputs, ranging between 150 and 400 HP. Stated 0-60 will bu under 3 seconds for the top model.

“It lives up to everything I thought it would,” said Neil Yates, MD of Adrenaline and the first person to drive the car, “We’ve got to hold it back at the moment but you can already feel the responsiveness of the chassis and the surefooted handling, and that bark when you prod the throttle….well……!”

“I was traveling behind and, although we obviously aren’t pushing, you can sense just how much roadholding the car has,” said Andy Bliss, Marketing Manager, “And when Neil put his foot down the thing just took off!”

“All the work has been worth it,” commented Tom Taylor, “I’ve always said we wanted to generate a Big Silly Grin, I think we’ve achieved that.”

Once the running in period is over the car is due another rolling road session, before being taken to Brands Hatch in Kent on October 14th. Here it will see the track for the first time and be taken closer to its limits at the Total Kit Car Live event. It will also be run alongside its rivals in the kit car market, as prospective customers are chauffeured around the world famous Indy circuit.

Prototypes of the Murtaya are in the process of testing and a feasibility study of importing the roadster to North America is underway. If there is any justice in the world we'll see it on this side of the pond soon.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,296 Posts
:eek: Holy Cow!!! :wackit:

If it does come here to the US, I wonder what the price range would be for each model :twothumb:
The Murtaya will come in a few different flavors, with varying trim levels and power outputs, ranging between 150 and 400 HP. Stated 0-60 will bu under 3 seconds for the top model.
Edit: So, it's just a kit car? :happysad:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I think the overall shape of it is gorgeous. There are some hard lines that really look out of place in the side view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts