Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the few months I’ve been on this forum, I’ve noticed a large number of duplicate posts in the problem reports, especially about the cooling system and electric system.
I think that if we got a few members per subject to collaborate via email tag, we could make simple trouble shooting sticky posts that would hopefully reduce 3 people a day asking why “the temp gauge rises when I idle” or why “*insert electrical gadget here* doesn’t work and I haven’t checked the fuses”.
I’d be willing to volunteer my time to a project like this.
And you may think it’s just for noobs, but think about it this way: we have experts here from almost every aspect of the 3g. So while I might know how to fix my own cooling issues and vacuum leaks, I know very little about the trans or electrical wiring of the car.

Thanks for reading this, and please let me know if you think this is a good or shitty idea.

·
*insert funny title*
5,375 Posts
Good idea.... BUT. The problem with too many stickies is that they clutter up the front page of an area. There are numerous threads stickied that tell people to just SEARCH. It's the infants that can't do that.

I'm not saying anything harsh against you, you are trying to be helpful. But when there is a search button, there should be no reason for stickies. Besides, even with stickies, someone will always ask a question simply because they are too lazy.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
I think he meant a whole new section that had nothing but stickies in it the way that the garage does.
So an entire forum that everyone ignores. I've been here close to eight years, and have seen and tried every incarnation of pointing out the obvious to people in the forum during these eight years, and without fail, or exception, people overlook everything.

·
Lenny
657 Posts
So an entire forum that everyone ignores. I've been here close to eight years, and have seen and tried every incarnation of pointing out the obvious to people in the forum during these eight years, and without fail, or exception, people overlook everything.
:lol:

I was just trying to clear it up for HIJACKER. I have to say though it is pretty sad that people don't take the few minutes to read the stickies that are there for a reason.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
:lol:

I was just trying to clear it up for HIJACKER. I have to say though it is pretty sad that people don't take the few minutes to read the stickies that are there for a reason.
There's nothing to clear up - I already know what the problem is...

The idea might sound nice, but honestly, I made this thread to help get a clear problem posted instead of just getting half the information...it is a sticky at the top of the problem reports area...as of right now, only 55 people have looked at it, and almost half that number have posted new problem threads without mentioning half the info in that thread...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/104059-read-before-posting-any-problem-reports.html
That just about sums it up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your input, everyone.
I think the point I was trying to make, though, was that there is a high volume of similar problems. Yes, most people won't read it, but it would save time by saying simply check thread x instead of re-explaining every time or telling them to do a search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.