Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm going with two different amps now.

this one will power all my speakers AMP. And my speakers are at 100 RMS so that will be just right. Front speakers and Back speakers.

And I need one that will power my 12"s. Subwoofers.

But they are rated at 500 RMS each, So I need an amp that pushes 1000 RMS to power both right? But I dont want to pay for the digital one they have that is rated 1000 RMS, too expensive... So would I still be able to power them using something that reaches only 800 RMS?

OR OR OR,

Should I just put in one 15" that is rated 750 RMS with the 800 RMS amp?

AMP rated 800 RMS

:ugh2:

I'm researching and trying to learn as much as I can about this audio setup so thanks to those willing to help :]

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
OR OR OR... you could just go with smaller subs. There is no need to have that much bass in a car. One single 10" or 12" with a decent amp will hit hard enough to still sound good and you wont have as much audio equipment, meaning less likely for someone to break into your car. Also it takes up less space and weighs less.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Ok first off those highs are rated at 100 rms @ 4ohms. That amp only puts out 70 rms @ 4ohms. The amp will work for them but they won't be getting 100rms each only 70rms, just letting you know. Now for the subs when you pick an amp you need to to make sure that their getting the right rms at the right ohms. I don't think that you've gotten that part yet. If you're going to get those subs you're going to need an amp that puts out 1000rms @ .5;2;or 8ohms and wire the subs accordingly. The easiest one to find would probably be 2ohms. I would have to agree with Twizted3g tho. I have 2 10"s and they are very loud, but hey its all about what you want. Hope this helps. Just keep reading through the audio threads around here and researching and you'll learn alot. It took me the better part of a year and a half to build my system. GL with the system.:bigthumb:

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I've decided to upgrade the amp to THIS ONE, for the same speakers mentioned above. It will reach the required 100 RMS to each speaker at 4 Ohm.

And for the Sub I will use THIS SAME AS FIRST POSTED at 800RMS at 2 ohm to power the single 15" at 750RMS at 2ohm.

Will the gap between the amp and sub RMS cause any problems?

Thanks for the opinions and help

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
No, nothing is wrong with over powering the sub (as long as the amp is set up correctly), especially by such a little amount. A 15" will be loud, but will not have much clarity at all. What kind of music do you listen to?

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any type you can think of mostly.

I only avoid country and folk lol.

I go from death metal to ghetto gangsta rap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts