Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know issues about the the sunroof have been posted about and posted about, and I have searched for days because I really didn't want to ask for answers to questions that have been answered. I found similar problems to mine, but just could not find an answer that works for me. When I received my eclipse (2001 gs) I was told the sunroof would not close the last inch. I never tried it for myself until a couple years ago, actually when I posted in the new members forum and got a couple suggestions... however it never worked, at all. Fast forward to about a week ago, when I decided to look at it again. Come to find out, this whole time the sunroof didn't work is because the switch was disconnected from the motor. I reconnected it and it opened for the first time since I got it about 4 years ago. However as the previous owner told me, it doesn't close... it goes to just about an inch before being completely closed and stops, leaving a gap. It also only closes about an inch at a time so i have to press, then press again, and so on. It opens fine.... a little slow but I'm honestly not sure if thats normal or not. Just needs a little push in the back to help it tilt. I have tried to reset it based on suggestions I've found on here but I just dont seem to have any luck with it. Looking at the glass from outside the car, it looks a little crooked... passenger side has a little more space between the glass and the frame of the car then the drivers side. I am assuming thats the issue... is that an easy fix or is that something I shouldn't try to mess with? Or is it something else? I would like to just close the thing for now since its stuck open but I haven't found a way to manually close it either. Any help?

Sorry for the long post, wanted to be clear.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts