Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simply put my sunroof works, the switch works, the motor works. it is NOT stuck nor is anything stuck in the railings. It opens and closes fine. HERE is the issue, it ONLY works AFTER i disconnect and reconnect the battery. It will continue to work while the car is on and even for about another 5 minutes after i shut off the car. If i turn off my car and leave it for more than 10 minutes, then turn it back on and try to open/close the sunroof, it will not respond at all again. I once again must disconnect and reconnect the battery, and it will work fine...until the next time i leave my car off for more than 10 minutes. I HAVE tried holding the switch to the close position for a about a minute to "reset" the computer, but it does not work. All the relays have been tested and fuses have been changed. Running out of ideas...been about 2 months now and after searching the entire forum i finally decided to post. Thanks for your help =D

·
Pshyc
1,130 Posts
idk if you have found a fix yet, but i bet you its the motor gets to hot or shorts out, my window did that, after a little it it would stop moving up and down, untill it cooled down or unplugged battery, changed the window motor and problem fixed, might be your sunroof motor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts