Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 eclipse gt
I have a major problem there is a hurricane blowing threw and my sunroof is stuck open. I've been searching for the past couple hours for a solution to this but i haven't seen any definitive answers. i did find one thread on here that had the same problem as me but i didn't see that he ever resolved it. when i try to close my sunroof i hear 3 clicks (from what might be the motor) and then nothing happens. I've checked the fuses and the switch both are fine. and i'm really hoping i don't have to replace the motor or the entire sun roof unit. any one have any answers? here is the link to the dead end thread i found earlier http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/124471-sunroof-wont-close.html thanks.:mecry2:

·
Soon to be 4G64K-T!
561 Posts
This should be in problem reports section. Any who, I had the same problem but mine was closed, I did however have to put in a new motor. Hopefully you can get it closed before it rains.

·
54,358 Posts
Moved this to New Members forum because it's your first post and was in the wrong section. Someone should be able to help you out, but that sucks!

It sounds like the track is jammed and the motor is stopping (as a safety feature). Try pushing/hitting/bumping/smacking the window forward while someone works the switch. Sometimes you can jostle it past the bad spot.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If I want to open my sunroof I have to press the switch and push the window up so it can open, but it closes just fine.
You should try what Bitter said and have someone work the switch while you push the window down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is the weirdest thing ever.... i just went out about 14 hours after it stopped working and it works..... i don't know what i did.thanks for all your suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is an old thread but i had the same problem but opposite tonight. Wouldn't even try to open up. You hear the relay and nothing else. I started to bump the roof by the switch and i bumped the glass with my palm in a few spots while pulling the switch back and it opened right up. Just for anyone else who has this problem, try that before running off to buy new parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts