Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a supercharger for the stock engine in a 2000 GT? I've heard that there is but I'm afraid that there isn't. I want to get one for my GT if someone is selling one. I do not want to do an engine swap because the miles are very low on my engine, I feel like it would be a waste. Also heard all the "universal" turbo kits don't fit either since the engine bay is very tight in the GT model. Should I just wait until I feel like doing an engine swap cause the stock engine isn't worth it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The GT and GTS engines are very efficient from the factory. Which means they aren't easy to get more power from. RIPP used to make a supercharger kit, but from what I understand it was pretty much only the charger itself that people liked to use, and they would upgrade injectors, fuel pumps, etc.. on their own.

There are a few threads around about 3.5L and 3.8L engine swaps, but I don't know what kind of power everyone ended up with. If you dig around awhile in the forums here I'm sure you can find the info.

I wouldn't expect big power out of a GT or GTS without a deep wallet. They are good driving and handling cars as they are though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts