Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what kind of supercharger to really get I do know that it's not safe for car to handle more than 6psi to boost can anyone help me out

·
880 Posts
You should search some build threads and see what they did. There aren't a lot of options for superchargers for these cars so it won't be hard to narrow down what you should get. However, if you're thinking about supercharging the 3.0l engine, you should instead consider swapping it for a 3.5 or a 3.8. You'll get a very noticable power boost without having to deal with the complexity of forced induction. If you still want more power after that, you'll have a better base to work off of.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Ripp SC is really the only one ( outside of fabbing up some crazy one)

as far as goals,what are your power goals?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should search some build threads and see what they did. There aren't a lot of options for superchargers for these cars so it won't be hard to narrow down what you should get. However, if you're thinking about supercharging the 3.0l engine, you should instead consider swapping it for a 3.5 or a 3.8. You'll get a very noticable power boost without having to deal with the complexity of forced induction. If you still want more power after that, you'll have a better base to work off of.
Ripp SC is really the only one ( outside of fabbing up some crazy one)

as far as goals,what are your power goals?
Kind of just want enough but enough is never truly enough lol

·
880 Posts
Kind of just want enough but enough is never truly enough lol
Well you need a plan for something like this. It's not a mustang where you can just throw bolt-ons at it, do a quick prefab flash, and do burnouts out of the driveway in an afternoon. Also this car is FWD so really there is an upper limit to how much power you can actually use without turning it into a dedicated drag setup. With that, are we talking 300 whp or more? 300 whp is a good number for a fun, FWD daily driver of this age.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I mean i do understand the power thing. I have been chasing big numbers for a while.

but maybe just look for a good 6G75 swap

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
Ahhh, this question feels like it's 2006 again. ;)

Back then, we did have a number of folks who FI'ed their 3g on the stock bottom end, both with turbo set up and the Ripp SDS setup... With varying degrees of success. I concur with buddd's accessment: today the best simple power option is to use the larger displacement 3.5, 3.8 and the 3.8 MIVEC engines. These swaps will keep your maintenance simple, keep your car street legal, and give you plenty of enjoyable power. There are plenty of 'how to do' info threads on these engine swaps. Add the tunes for these swaps happen to be right below in the Recommend Reading threads below....

But your mechanical skills ultimately determine how far you take the power level. Or how much your budget really is.... Or you would just prefer to pay someone to do the work. However, I would not do a series power upgrade if this is your only daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts