Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got done searching for a half an hour btw! Anyways I have 100K and my car is getting inspected tommorow and something tells me that there gonna advise me to get new shocks/struts. I was looking at the KYB GR-2's and the AGX's. I use the car as a daily driver and would like to put some tein S or H techs on as well. I heard mixed reviews on each set (GR-2's AGX's). Guess the main question is can the GR-2's handle the tein S or H techs. Or do they not last long? btw I saw the group buy...
http://www.club3g.com/forum/automot...pension-sway-bar-camber-shocks-free-ship.html

KYB
AGX Adjustable Gas Shocks #s 734019, 734020, 2x741020 - $482 shipped
GR-2 Gas Shocks #s 334268, 334267, (2) 341164 - $309 shipped

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i had GR-2's on the avenger i used to drive but only with stock springs and they stiffened the suspension quite a bit.. all i can say is i drove the car to its limits and they worked perfectly for the twenty or so thousand miles i had them on

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i had GR-2's on the avenger i used to drive but only with stock springs and they stiffened the suspension quite a bit.. all i can say is i drove the car to its limits and they worked perfectly for the twenty or so thousand miles i had them on
I had them with the Tein-S didnt last much; pretty much from what ive heard and experience about the GR2 is theyre just the stock shocks-struts under the KYB brand. I have AGXs now and is 10x better

·
Registered
61 Posts
i think that is true.. the only real improvement with them over stock ones is that they are gas struts whereas stock aren't so i agree you'd be better off with the agx if you're lowering the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts